Co-signer definition

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone there :),,,,

so far this forum is very helpful finding out answers to different questions, here is another one :D and i hope won't be disappointed!!!

we got married in July and now planning to make the application for Canadian immigration in family class,,,,,, my wife is a Canadian national and used to live with her parents before our wedding, we are living together since our wedding in London,,,,,, now my query is;

1-- can her father sign the co-signer form for her or it has to be me???? (because she is not working at the moment and cannot provide any financial support documents by her name),,,

so yeah, i was only confused by the guidelines which said, '' it has to be the spouse''

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No co-signer is necessary for the spousal category application so she doesn't need anyone to sign with her.

Raymasood

Aug 2, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi...

if you read that Question on your wife papers (Application to Sponsor and undertaking)

B- CO-Signer ---------part 6..... there are just 2 options

1..... spouse and 2..... common- law partner

it means no other person can be her co-singer...not from her any family members

i hope you got your answer

thanks

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh right right :eek: here comes the next question then (sorry for the annoyance ;D)

>>> she doesn't work and therefor has no financial support evidence,

what is the best way to lodge the application in this scenario?

1--shall we just submit as it is, i mean without any financial support documents????

2--she used to live with her family and we are going to live with them for a while after getting my immigration done,,,, showing her parents property and bank documents would help????????????

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The sponsor does not need an income to sponsor a spouse or partner, so you can send the application in as it is. However, it will help to show your plans for the future together, which includes showing how you plan to support yourselves once you are together in Canada, so it is good to include things like a letter from her parents stating they will let you live in their house and will support you until you both have jobs and have saved some money. They don't need to send in their bank documents and property deeds, though - just a letter or affidavit will be enough.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh ok,,,, now that's something cool,, we will surely attach a letter from my in-laws just to avoid any hitches,,,,

seems we are good to go,,,,, i am going to fill my part tonight,,,, yeah finally ;D,,,, waited for a while just to overcome any doubts,,,,

thank you very much everyone, much obliged and good luck for all those in this waiting game,,,,,, it's really hard :O:O:O but for good times,,,, it's worth ;D