+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co op

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
No, that is why you get a co-op work permit, that lets you work full time while still studying.
So if I am doing a off campus co op for 5 weeks as my grades have already come except I have to complete the co op which is for 5 weeks but I am not doing any part time therefore the hours do not matter .Thanks

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So if I am doing a off campus co op for 5 weeks as my grades have already come except I have to complete the co op which is for 5 weeks but I am not doing any part time therefore the hours do not matter .Thanks
Yes, you can work as many hours as your company assigns. During co-op period you can work full time.

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Hey,
i was on co op for my second last semester my question is co op considered full time term or part time term. need advice because i was part time in last semester.

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hey,
i was on co op for my second last semester my question is co op considered full time term or part time term. need advice because i was part time in last semester.
I really don’t know the answer to this as I am doing the co op now after the two semesters have finished.
Hope someone has an answer to your query

Reactions: hkang12

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey,
Co-op is considered part of your studies, and will count as a full term. Some colleges allow you to do a co-op during your second semester, but that is not recommended as the workload will be high.

Reactions: hkang12

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Co-op is considered part of your studies, and will count as a full term. Some colleges allow you to do a co-op during your second semester, but that is not recommended as the workload will be high.
Thank you so much for your reply. i was doing co op with one course in my second last semester. and in last semester i was part time with two courses. am i eligible for pgwp!

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply. i was doing co op with one course in my second last semester. and in last semester i was part time with two courses. am i eligible for pgwp!
There was no unofficial brake in-between my semesters. was full time for all other terms. Is there any chance for me to get pgwp.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
There was no unofficial brake in-between my semesters. was full time for all other terms. Is there any chance for me to get pgwp.
co-op will be counted as a semester. You are allowed to be part time in your last semester. You should be fine.