+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co-op Work permit

Maham malik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
My program includes co-op work during studies which needs a work permit. College has asked me to get this permit along with the study permit. My study permit is already in process since mid July. Please advise how to proceed?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you indicated correctly on your study permit application that work is a required part of your course you will get the coop work permit automatically otherwise you will need to make a separe coop work permit application after you get the study permit.

Maham malik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
If you indicated correctly on your study permit application that work is a required part of your course you will get the coop work permit automatically otherwise you will need to make a separe coop work permit application after you get the study permit.
Thanks for your reply

MK00004

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
My program includes co-op work during studies which needs a work permit. College has asked me to get this permit along with the study permit. My study permit is already in process since mid July. Please advise how to proceed?
Can you please share ur timelines and country from where you applied and program thanks and goodluck

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
Apply for a co-op work permit.
Hi! Any idea what happens if one gets a coop work permit approved along with the study permit but then decides to not pursue the coop term (coop being an optional criteria for the course and one can graduate without completing coop).

My point is what will happen if I decide to not pursue coop term when I already have a coop work permit approved. Will there be any repercussions legally ?

Maham malik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
Applied on July 17
SDS
AIP 3rd September
Revoked AIP 8th September
From Pakistan
Applied for 3 years Advance diploma in Business Administration - Purchasing and Supply chain management

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi! Any idea what happens if one gets a coop work permit approved along with the study permit but then decides to not pursue the coop term (coop being an optional criteria for the course and one can graduate without completing coop).

My point is what will happen if I decide to not pursue coop term when I already have a coop work permit approved. Will there be any repercussions legally ?
No.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I have received my passport today with S-1(Study visa) stamp and I am planning to visit Canada in the end of March.
Can I submit application online for Co-Op work permit while being in my home country because my internship will start from April or it can be applied within Canada only?

naik0806

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
I have received my passport today with S-1(Study visa) stamp and I am planning to visit Canada in the end of March.
Can I submit application online for Co-Op work permit while being in my home country because my internship will start from April or it can be applied within Canada only?
Same situation here. Did u get any answer for this?

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
Only solution is to land in Canada at earliest and apply work permit online from inside Canada. No other way out unfortunately.

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

Asking on behalf of a friend. My friend applied for a Co-Op work permit (In Canada) and received an approval letter via an online account. But it doesn't have instructions on how to get the permit. Will CIC issue a physical copy and mail? Any thoughts?

Thank you

varunpandya

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Hi,

Asking on behalf of a friend. My friend applied for a Co-Op work permit (In Canada) and received an approval letter via an online account. But it doesn't have instructions on how to get the permit. Will CIC issue a physical copy and mail? Any thoughts?

Thank you
When did he/she apply?

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
Hi,

Thank you
When did your friend receive the approval letter? My application was approved today but I couldn't see any correspondence there in the GC key account.