+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co-op Work Permit - Urgent Need

VeronicaMars

Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys,

I am studying in Canada with a student permit and my program has a co-op option. I enrolled in it and applied for the co-op permit in January, but according to the CIC website the processing time is around 84 days, which would be the middle of April. I found a co-op position for this Summer, but it starts at the end of April and I am afraid I may not have the permit if there is any delay in processing, plus the employer is pressing me to send a copy of it as soon as possible.

Is there any other way I can get the permit? Do you advise travelling to US (by plane, in my case), and asking for the permit on the airport when I come back? What are the chances of that working?

Thank you.

SanjayMystic

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi guys,

I am studying in Canada with a student permit and my program has a co-op option. I enrolled in it and applied for the co-op permit in January, but according to the CIC website the processing time is around 84 days, which would be the middle of April. I found a co-op position for this Summer, but it starts at the end of April and I am afraid I may not have the permit if there is any delay in processing, plus the employer is pressing me to send a copy of it as soon as possible.

Is there any other way I can get the permit? Do you advise travelling to US (by plane, in my case), and asking for the permit on the airport when I come back? What are the chances of that working?

Thank you.

Flag poling helps renewing PR or study permit. But always consult CIC before doing and have proper documents while crossing and re entering USA-Canada border.