+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

co-op work permit - employer name

YehiaZ

Jul 11, 2014
Hi all,

I just applied for a co-op work permit, and in the application I have attached a letter saying that I am PhD student and I must do an industrial internship as a part of my program. I still don't have any employers to do internship with yet. The application has been approved and I have received my co-op work permit. However, in the work permit I have received, I found that the employer name is my university name, is that normal ? It should be blank or saying "unknown", right ?

Also I found a statement in the work permit saying that I am allowed only to work in the employer stated in the permit, which makes me confused.
Your help is really appreciated,

Thanks

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

YehiaZ said:
Hi all,

I just applied for a co-op work permit, and in the application I have attached a letter saying that I am PhD student and I must do an industrial internship as a part of my program. I still don't have any employers to do internship with yet. The application has been approved and I have received my co-op work permit. However, in the work permit I have received, I found that the employer name is my university name, is that normal ? It should be blank or saying "unknown", right ?

Also I found a statement in the work permit saying that I am allowed only to work in the employer stated in the permit, which makes me confused.
Your help is really appreciated,

Thanks

Nothing wrong. School is always employer for co-op work permit. You will work for position which must be approved by the school.

Rhodiola

Nov 18, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
Sent:March 24, AOR: May 04
Hello,

I applied for co-op work permit a month ago and I need to wait for 2 more months according to current times.

Today, I discovered that in application form ( IMM5701E) I left Name Of Employer blank. However,I should have written my school name there. So I am super worried right now and try to find somebody who received their co-op permit while having Name Of Employer and Job Title blank (empty)

Please let me know it will be much appreciated!

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Rhodiola said:
Hello,

I applied for co-op work permit a month ago and I need to wait for 2 more months according to current times.

Today, I discovered that in application form ( IMM5701E) I left Name Of Employer blank. However,I should have written my school name there. So I am super worried right now and try to find somebody who received their co-op permit while having Name Of Employer and Job Title blank (empty)

Same here! But if you choose co-op work permit, open work permit or PGWP on that form, the Name of Employer section is not required. So I guess that's fine. They'll just put the school on co-op letter as the name of employer... I also would like someone to confirm though.

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Rhodiola said:
Hello,

Hey there,
I just got my co-op work permit approved and I didn't fill in employer name. So there you go, don't worry about it.

Rhodiola

Nov 18, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
hejsamuel said:
Hey there,
I just got my co-op work permit approved and I didn't fill in employer name. So there you go, don't worry about it.
Thank you so much for the update! It's a huge relief.

Can you please tell me how long were you waiting? I applied on Jan 13th

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Rhodiola said:
Thank you so much for the update! It's a huge relief.

Can you please tell me how long were you waiting? I applied on Jan 13th
Applied Dec. 17 2015. Online message of approval received 5 days ago. So like 70 days. I think I got lucky and the average time could be longer
Hope you get it soon!

hejsamuel

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
faisalfahmad said:
Hey school name is not necessary you could also put not applicable in employee name it does not affect the application.

I applied through paper application on 21st jan. When did you apply to get the co-op permit how long it took you ? I heard they are coming in within 1 and half month or so
Please refer to the post above this. It was indeed 2 months. For online application though. I don't know about paper, hopefully it takes shorter time.

Rhodiola

Nov 18, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
hejsamuel said:
Applied Dec. 17 2015. Online message of approval received 5 days ago. So like 70 days. I think I got lucky and the average time could be longer
Hope you get it soon!
Thank you!

My friend applied online on Jan 09 and she left the Name Of employer blank and she received her permit today (March 01)

Let's hope they started to processing under 2 months for now!

Rhodiola

Nov 18, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
my application was approved today!

Submitted online: Jan 13th, 2016
approved: March 8th

I am really happy! Wish everyone who is still waiting to receive their approvals soon and who left the employer /job/job description fields blank - don't worry!

Rababf

Feb 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
06-04-2016
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
25-1-2017
Can I know how to apply for co-op work permit.thanks

Rhodiola

Nov 18, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-02-2016
AOR Received.
I think it's better to apply online. You will need to scan your documents (passport and letter from school that states you need co-op for your program)

####.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp

Follow this page (sorry I am not allowed to post links) and take questionary and it will generate application form and other documents you need to fill out/attach.

robinmah

Aug 22, 2017
so when i applied for co op extension i mention my previous company name and after few days i got an offer for co op from another company. Do anyone know when i will receive my permit does it gonna mention employer name as my school name or my previous company name. if it mention about previous company but i am switching to new company does it will be problem ?

aha_1988

Aug 22, 2017
Can I apply for co-op work permit with a letter issued by my PhD supervisor which states that this internship in part of my studies?
I repeat, the letter issued by my supervisor and not the department.