istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jcgo9355 said:
Hi Jes_ON,

I am afraid I am a bit confused, could you please kindly help me clarifying the following questions?

1. If the experience doesn't count towards CRS points, do we still enter it in the online profile? the reason why I have this question is because, by the sound of it, the experience not qualifying for CRS points shouldn't need to be entered since they create no value (no CRS points); however, in the work experience section of the online profile, the CIC does provide the option of indicating an experience was gained while studying full time which makes me think they do want to know what's job we did while studying; hence, the experiences gained while studying full time should be entered.
The option of selecting that the work was done while studying is to weed out people who don't know that this work experience doesn't count, and just include it along with all their other work experience.
If you're not getting points for it, you can leave it out of your work history, and put it in your personal history. This way, you are still letting CIC know, but you won't have to provide evidence.

2. I understand why you said the experience doesn't count according to the Ministerial Instructions; but what happens when the experience was gained during a scheduled break when students are no studying and are allowed to work full time? assuming the works performed was not part of a co-op, internship or apprenticeship relating to one's student status in Canada?
If you are enrolled as a full-time student, the work doesn't count, even if it is during a break.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Justin

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Jcgo9355 said:
1. If the experience doesn't count towards CRS points, do we still enter it in the online profile? the reason why I have this question is because, by the sound of it, the experience not qualifying for CRS points shouldn't need to be entered since they create no value (no CRS points); however, in the work experience section of the online profile, the CIC does provide the option of indicating an experience was gained while studying full time which makes me think they do want to know what's job we did while studying; hence, the experiences gained while studying full time should be entered.

If you enter the experience AND check that you were studying, you simply will not receive the points for it. It's not so much that they want to know what work you did as a student, as to make sure that working as a student gets excluded. You can do it either way -

2. I understand why you said the experience doesn't count according to the Ministerial Instructions; but what happens when the experience was gained during a scheduled break when students are no studying and are allowed to work full time? assuming the works performed was not part of a co-op, internship or apprenticeship relating to one's student status in Canada?

Same - you are still on a study permit. Yes, you are authorized to work as a student, but it will not count as professional work experience.

Canada053

Jul 18, 2016
anarsoul said:
Try this one:

So while it counts for FSW points (you need to get 67 out of 100), you won't get any CRS points for work experience on study permit.
Key word is "full-time study". While on a co-op term, you are not even allowed to study full-time. Hence you are not studying full-time, although you maybe a full-time student.

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have the same question as to if my co-op experience can be counted for the FSW experience as I have 2.5 years back home. By adding my co-op experience of 4 months and my full time experience of 3 months (currently) would enable me to be eligible to mark 3 or more years of experience under FSW. An immigration consultant advised me that I can count that but seeing comments here I am bit confused. Can anyone please help me with this regard?

Thanks in advance!

Deepak

S

sutyfornow

Hi Everyone,

I have the same question as to if my co-op experience can be counted for the FSW experience as I have 2.5 years back home. By adding my co-op experience of 4 months and my full time experience of 3 months (currently) would enable me to be eligible to mark 3 or more years of experience under FSW. An immigration consultant advised me that I can count that but seeing comments here I am bit confused. Can anyone please help me with this regard?

Thanks in advance!

Deepak
Any help?

Prashanth1227

Nov 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Deepak
Hi,

I started working as a full time employee in Amazon from my second year of graduation(total 3 years course). The course was a full time course and even the employment was a full time job. Can I use that experience and claim points in CRS? I have a total of 3 years experience in Amazon (I even worked there after my graduation).

Any insights are much appreciated.

Zi2345

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
When you create profile it will ask you if you was studying or on work permit while doing that job and they will award points accordingly. I believe they dont count points rather than the work permit for any program

asa26

Jan 23, 2024
If this experience was gained inside Canada, then the answer is straightforwardly NO. If, however, you obtained this experience outside of Canada, it could potentially count in gaining points. This is kind of a gray area of EE system, because the rules surrounding FSW program do not explicitly read your experience must be gained after graduating.
So any co-op work experience should not be put on your EE profile?