+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co-op student tax query

Trishaaa

Nov 20, 2018
I am doing a four month Co-op from my college and I am an International student.
In my pay check I found that I am paying CIT( I believe that is Corporate Income Tax) which is really high, I wanted to understand if I am. supposed to be paying it? If someone can help me understand how it works thanks.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
I am doing a four month Co-op from my college and I am an International student.
In my pay check I found that I am paying CIT( I believe that is Corporate Income Tax) which is really high, I wanted to understand if I am. supposed to be paying it? If someone can help me understand how it works thanks.
CIT is Canadian Income Tax. It includes both provincial and federal taxes. And yes, Canada's tax can be pretty high. You may get some back when you file your taxes.
You may want to calculate the % of your gross and see what it comes up to.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Trishaaa

Nov 20, 2018
Thank a lot! Really appreciate all the help.
I'll do my further research on this and get a better understanding!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Go online and use the CRA payroll deductions calculator. Put in your information, province etc and see what the calculator comes up with

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/payroll-deductions-online-calculator.html