+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co op permit

bela111

Jun 16, 2019
Hi all,

I am an international student and I am going to Canada next month. I am going to attend a 2 year program where I have been offered a co op in the 2nd year. While entering Canada, I know the immigration officer will issue me a study permit, will he issue me a co op work permit as well?
My visa category is SW 1

Please let me know

thanks

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi all,

I am an international student and I am going to Canada next month. I am going to attend a 2 year program where I have been offered a co op in the 2nd year. While entering Canada, I know the immigration officer will issue me a study permit, will he issue me a co op work permit as well?
My visa category is SW 1

Please let me know

thanks
No you can apply during your course. You need a letter from your university that states that you require a co-op work permit. There's no fees to apply for co-op work permit.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You will be issued one if your acceptance letter states that coop is part of your studies, remind them if they miss it, otherwise you can apply for one later.

gychemist

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
I also have co op in my program. When I did my initial student permit there was a question asked - If work was part of my studies and I said yes. When I reached the immigration officer after my interview at the airport he gave me both a study permit and work permit.