+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co-op performed after graduation

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi, so here is my situation: My college requiered a 4 quarters of coop as part of the graduation requirements, for one reason or another, I finished my courseload and only needed 2 quarters of coop in order to graduate, so I got a coop and got my degree after those 2 quarters, however I was unable to find a full time job at the time and talked to my former boss and he said they could keep me for another quarter as an intern, which I did while I was looking for a full time position (it was a paid internship).

My question comes when I am trying to fill out the "Personal activities" section after getting my ITA, since the last coop / internship quarter was after my graduation it seems it might be an actual employment , however at the same time it was a coop period and under the "Work History" section it celarly says "Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process.", so I didn't include it because the reference letter they gave me included all 3 quarters an mentioned my position as "intern".

Since the "Personal Activities" section clearly mentions not to leave any gaps, I have to put the 3rd quarter as Employment since it was after my graduation. However I am worried that it will not equate to my Work History since I cannot put it there because my position was "intern".

Do you think it would be a problem or a reason for rejection later on? If I explain it on my Letter Of Explanation would it be enough to avoid any problems?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Javier

Reactions: 17ha15