+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co- Op job

Nov 4, 2023
Hi , i am international student i have duration of 1 year co_op , and i only able to do next semester next year jan2025 , and co-op is not mandatory, so my q is can i do full ti.e work 8n canada if i don't find co-op as i didnt fi d oy ,please reply me as soon as possible and also tell me how long will the coop work permit will take to come after i will apply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi , i am international student i have duration of 1 year co_op , and i only able to do next semester next year jan2025 , and co-op is not mandatory, so my q is can i do full ti.e work 8n canada if i don't find co-op as i didnt fi d oy ,please reply me as soon as possible and also tell me how long will the coop work permit will take to come after i will apply.
Your coop work permit is to get credits for your program, so no cannot work full time on the permit if it is not related to your studies. Guessing what your question is.

Nov 4, 2023
So it means i am allowed just 20 hours , but half of students saying that full time is allowd and our college said you can ask with IRCC , and on IRCC there no direct info

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am really worry about that for one year im just allowed 20 hours work .... thank you very much.
When do you start your program with your approved study permit? What do you mean worried since you have an approved study permit you have shown you have the funds to study without working.

Nov 4, 2023
But it doesn't mean that if i have enougj funds i will be freely siting in canada wastimg time for a whole year not studying nor working , and everyone has dofferent cicumstances , and 300 students of my class are worried so you mean that all are wrongly worried , and you mean they saw there study permit with enough funds wow....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But it doesn't mean that if i have enougj funds i will be freely siting in canada wastimg time for a whole year not studying nor working , and everyone has dofferent cicumstances , and 300 students of my class are worried so you mean that all are wrongly worried , and you mean they saw there study permit with enough funds wow....
So you are studying now because I am confused because you said co-op is in January 2025. Right now many students can work full time without a co-op work permit. So when you say half the students are working full time then they are allowed to with the current policy. It has yet to be extended by the government. Studying in Canada is expensive so working minimum wage for most people isn’t even going to cover living expenses. Students need to do their research about costs before coming to Canada and realize that working may not even cover living expenses not to mention tuition. Yes you should worry but you should know how much is would cost too.

Last edited:
Reactions: architgarg
Sep 7, 2018
Canada
I am really worry about that for one year im just allowed 20 hours work .... thank you very much.
Instead of working full time in another labor job, try to find a coop in a good company related to your study. It will help you to get a better job and you will have a one-year Canadian experience too. Just make your resume well and apply to it i am sure you will get a reply from any company.