+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co-op and job on PGWP

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018
Hello All,

Thanks a lot for all of the efforts, I just have a question regarding Canadian experience. After obtaining my Post Graduation Work Permit, I did an internship on a full time basis for 7 months and then 5 months of full time position but as a contractor ( where the employer was intermediate between company A and company B where I actually worked). Are these experiences are considered as Canadian experience and will that make me qualified for the Canadian experience class program ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The internship will count as long as:

1. You worked legally (you did, PGWP)
2. You were paid for the work (no free internships, volunteer work, etc)
3. The work was NOC 0,A,B

The contractor relationship is more complex, but if you were in a contract for service, it won't count. But if you were employed by company A, who then sent you to work for Company B, it ought to count.

You can read the guide yourself -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Reactions: Raghad

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018
The internship will count as long as:

1. You worked legally (you did, PGWP)
2. You were paid for the work (no free internships, volunteer work, etc)
3. The work was NOC 0,A,B

The contractor relationship is more complex, but if you were in a contract for service, it won't count. But if you were employed by company A, who then sent you to work for Company B, it ought to count.

You can read the guide yourself -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html
Thank you very much for your quick reply, yes I will work at company B while I will get paid by company A and submit my time sheets to them. I tried to read it but it was so complicated to me but I'll do once again. Thanks again