+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CNO letter of direction

Gagneetgrewal

Oct 15, 2020
I received Letter of Direction from CNO addressing education competency gaps for RN.I have 3 options...
1. OSCE
2. Submit undeclared work experience
3. Additional education program
I want to go for additional education program. Any suggestions which program will help addressing competency gaps and makes me eligible for NCLEX.

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
I received Letter of Direction from CNO addressing education competency gaps for RN.I have 3 options...
1. OSCE
I want to go for additional education program. Any suggestions which program will help addressing competency gaps and makes me eligible for NCLEX.

Great step! There is a bridging program at Conestoga College. It is accepted by CNO. Program is Enhanced Nursing Practice: Clinical & Critical Care. You can apply directly to the school. It is a 1-year program and involves practical and clinical experience at the hospital. After completion, send your transcript to CNO, you will get the eligibility to write NCLEX.

All the best.

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/enhanced-nursing-practice-clinical-and-critical-care

RD7575

Jul 7, 2020
1. OSCE

Can you please tell me what courses you took?
What are my next steps? Based on your remaining competency gaps, it is recommended that you consider completing courses focussing on the following areas: 1. Community Health Nursing 2. Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing 3. Leadership and Management in Nursing 4. Trends and Issues in Nursing 5. Health Teaching ad Learning 6. Gerontologic Nursing 7. Mental Health Nursing
i got all these

tjot

Jan 29, 2016
1. OSCE
Hi gagneet, what do you mean by undeclared work? I started my nnas in oct 2018. In feb 2019, i went backhome and worked there. I was not aware that i can update my nnas in between as well, because my nnas report was issued in oct 2019. Should i update that information with CNO now or not? Please advise.