+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CNC PROGRAMMER NOC 2233 JOB DUTIES

parminder9

Jan 29, 2020
I am working as a CNC Programmer(noc 2233) on PGWP. My employer gave me job letter with following job duties:
  • Provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work.
  • Read, interpret and create drawings of products or components to be manufactured.
  • Create programs for the CNC machines using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) software.
  • Examination of completed programs by running tests coordinating with machine operators and clients to validate proper functioning.
  • Testing and assembly of manufactured parts and samples to ensure customer requirements have been met and efficiently handle customer complaints and concerns if any.
  • Assisting and modify existing programs for operators to improve production and quality.
  • Coordinate with purchasing department to verify inventory stock of materials to achieve maximum production.
  • Create routine maintenance logs and troubleshoot basic malfunctions
These job duties does not match exactly with NOC 2233 job duties list.
can someone verify please, these job duties are ok or not accroding to noc2233.

NOC 2233 JOB DUTIES ARE FOLLOWING

Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists perform some or all of the following duties:

• Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
  • Design plant layouts and production facilities
  • Develop and carry out work study and related programs
  • Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
  • Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

• Assist in the design of plant layouts
  • Conduct work measurement or other studies
  • Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
  • Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
  • Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
I am working as a CNC Programmer(noc 2233) on PGWP. My employer gave me job letter with following job duties:
  • Provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work.
  • Read, interpret and create drawings of products or components to be manufactured.
  • Create programs for the CNC machines using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) software.
  • Examination of completed programs by running tests coordinating with machine operators and clients to validate proper functioning.
  • Testing and assembly of manufactured parts and samples to ensure customer requirements have been met and efficiently handle customer complaints and concerns if any.
  • Assisting and modify existing programs for operators to improve production and quality.
  • Coordinate with purchasing department to verify inventory stock of materials to achieve maximum production.

Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists perform some or all of the following duties:

• Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
  • Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
  • Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

• Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
  • Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
  • Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
They dont have to match exactly. Just a couple are okay.

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017

Did you apply using above duties? I am also working as programmer and confuse between 7231 and 2233. Your reply will be great help for me.
Thank you

Gurpreet_kaur26

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018

Hi actually my friend wants to work in cnc field but he has no experience ..he has done btech from india and has industrial technician diploma from canada .. can you help and give us a suggestion where to apply for it . Thanks