+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cloths & shoes for Canada?????????

SandhyaRaj

Jun 2, 2014
Hi,

I am from Dubai (UAE). Our family is planning to land in Toronto in June 2014. I would like to know whether we need to buy the winter cloths from Dubai or to buy from Canada? What all types of cloths we need for winter?

My children are 9 yrs and 4 yrs old. What all cloths they needed for the school? Please help!!!

Also help about what kind of shoes we needed there????? ???

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SandhyaRaj said:
Hi,

I am from Dubai (UAE). Our family is planning to land in Toronto in June 2014. I would like to know whether we need to buy the winter cloths from Dubai or to buy from Canada? What all types of cloths we need for winter?

My children are 9 yrs and 4 yrs old. What all cloths they needed for the school? Please help!!!

hi
currently here weather is same like weather in dubai on February and March.I came from dubai and bought winter stuff nothing works.better you purchase here after landing anyway price of clothes are same and quality is more nice then dubai.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SandhyaRaj said:
Thank you so much!!! What about the footwear???
If prices in Canada and Dubai are the same, then it will be cheaper in the US.

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
SandhyaRaj said:
Hi,

The summer is a good time to arrive if you come from Dubai.The clothes you already have will work fine, you can purchase some rain gear over the summer. By the time it gets colder (nights only in September/October), starting mid October it really gets colder - you will have familiarized yourselves with the different options and you can buy stuff that fits your kids right at this time. You will see what other families are doing.

The US are cheaper but also within Canada there are lots of ways to save during sales, going to discount places like Winners etc. You'll get great quality winter gear here at quite reasonable prices. And you will learn the art of layering clothes here.

Don't worry too much. Coming from Dubai, you will appreciate the summers here. They can be really nice. And with the right winter boots and coats, the winters are doable too.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabsie12 said:
Is there an outlet stores in vancouver where I can buy cheaper clothes and winter clothes?
Yes, but in Surrey and New Westminster (Queensborough Landing). Also, check out Sears outlets across Vancouver.

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
Nothing you can buy in the UAE will work here. Foot wear: Get a good pair of sneakers for the good weather it will cost you less in UAE (normal pair here is over AED300). In cold weather buy boots here. There are many types/styles here dont get the expensive ones first. Get Walmart stuff. If you like the type of boot and are comfortable buy the better ones next time. This is very important when buying for kids. Specially for spoilt UAE kids, like mine. :(

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
hi, how is weather in Toronto now a days as i intend to land after mid Oct and what are the clothing format ? is it bearable enough for us to pass few days in Toronto and then do shopping or we should bring the warm gear from our home ( Pakistan ) ?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
amir82 said:
hi, how is weather in Toronto now a days as i intend to land after mid Oct and what are the clothing format ? is it bearable enough for us to pass few days in Toronto and then do shopping or we should bring the warm gear from our home ( Pakistan ) ?
its rainy these days...so if you prepare water proof shoes and jacket beforehand you'll be fine for the first week or two