+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clothes from India or Canada ..urs views ? :) PPL already in Canada also reply :

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am totally confused about whether to buy much of my stuff from India or Canada. If I start buying in India ' I Hear these clothes will not let you survive in Toronto's svere cold. And if I start to think to buy stuff from Canada i hear things are a hell lot of expensive there. Also I heard that you need snow shoes and snow jacket or puffed jacket. Where to buy these from Canada or India. Where they are cheap, better and available. If the answer is India then at least suggest me 2-3 malls or stores where I can get these things from. And if canada what is the round about cost of snow shoes and snow jacket ( brands like addidas or any other nice brand) ..Thanks !!!

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Maherd said:
I am totally confused about whether to buy much of my stuff from India or Canada. If I start buying in India ' I Hear these clothes will not let you survive in Toronto's svere cold. And if I start to think to buy stuff from Canada i hear things are a hell lot of expensive there. Also I heard that you need snow shoes and snow jacket or puffed jacket. Where to buy these from Canada or India. Where they are cheap, better and available. If the answer is India then at least suggest me 2-3 malls or stores where I can get these things from. And if canada what is the round about cost of snow shoes and snow jacket ( brands like addidas or any other nice brand) ..Thanks !!!
Consider it as a zombie apocalypse and that you can only carry stuff and cloths of your bare needs and don't pack as if you are moving to mars and not coming back and that there won't be any shops there.

The best bet to get your shoes and jackets would be buying it from Canada irrespective of the price difference. But I have heard there is not a major difference in price although you will get same or better quality there.

PS. Only problem with the price will be there because of this recent Forex mess up.

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royalsting said:
Consider it as a zombie apocalypse and that you can only carry stuff and cloths of your bare needs and don't pack as if you are moving to mars and not coming back and that there won't be any shops there.

The best bet to get your shoes and jackets would be buying it from Canada irrespective of the price difference. But I have heard there is not a major difference in price although you will get same or better quality there.
About shoes and jacket, even I was thinking the same...thanks for ur reply it consolidated my thoughts.What about jeans and Sweat T Shirts ?..Same price in Canada or expensive !..Any idea ?

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Maherd said:
About shoes and jacket, even I was thinking the same...thanks for ur reply it consolidated my thoughts.What about jeans and Sweat T Shirts ?..Same price in Canada or expensive !..Any idea ?
Buy about 3-4 good quality jeans, they should survive the weather, also buy about two-three inner (thermal) wear. You can buy rest of the stuff once you have landed according to your need.

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royalsting said:
Buy about 3-4 good quality jeans, they should survive the weather, also buy about two-three inner (thermal) wear. You can buy rest of the stuff once you have landed according to your need.
Thanks ! :)

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Maherd said:
Also take a few Tees, shirts, trousers, Business Suits (especially if you are a business student), couple of undergarments, couple of warm cloths like jackets/sweaters/pullovers, necessary medications, deos, toiletries, etc. Take a pen and a paper, and start writing down all that you can think of and then start checking out the unnecessary and all that you can buy there for a better price. Then follow that checklist and start packing, but do form a checklist of your own, its the best method and you won't miss out on anything important.

Kirtan1

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
21, Oct , 2011
Interview........
Not Applicable , SPP
VISA ISSUED...
16.Nov. 2011
LANDED..........
20, Dec, 2011
Buy 1 cheap jacket from India which will cost around 1500-2000 , then after reaching canada , buy a good one to suit their needs.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
royalsting said:

PS. Only problem with the price will be there because of this recent Forex mess up.
Said best.

Just buy a pair of things like jeans,undies,t-shirts etc enough to get you started after that you could always buy stuffs here I find them simpilar in price.

of course the jackets in India are not in par with what you get here for the winters, so get a light jacket for your travel and get a good one when u get here.

gvirdi

Dec 12, 2011
Maherd said:
When ru coming I live near Sheridan maher let me knw if u need any help it's boxing day season ur best bet is Canada buy cloths here as brands are cheaper here in this season

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
from my expereience of 2 days :p i will advice u too to bring it from india n after 6-7 months buy it from canda as u ill feel tat they are bit costly here when u compare it with india

Jasjot Singh

Star Member
Aug 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 07 2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Med
Interview........
Not called for
Passport Req..
Attatched
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
7th Sept!
you get everything here and almost at same price.

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gvirdi said:
When ru coming I live near Sheridan maher let me knw if u need any help it's boxing day season ur best bet is Canada buy cloths here as brands are cheaper here in this season
Thanks a lot gvirdi !..I will surely catch up with u sometime...inbox me ur no. so that we can get in touch !....ur last is virdi right ?..I have got many virdi relatives, I am matharu ! :D

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draxz1289 said:
Said best.

Just buy a pair of things like jeans,undies,t-shirts etc enough to get you started after that you could always buy stuffs here I find them simpilar in price.

of course the jackets in India are not in par with what you get here for the winters, so get a light jacket for your travel and get a good one when u get here.
Thanks alot, a couple of my friends even suggested the same !..So I am going to do it this way only :)

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vini8992 said:
from my expereience of 2 days :p i will advice u too to bring it from india n after 6-7 months buy it from canda as u ill feel tat they are bit costly here when u compare it with india
Give me a approx range of price of jeans, sweaters etc...Then I will see if those fit my pocket :D