+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit Timeline from Vietnam

lotus2maple

Apr 15, 2021
Hi,

I created this thread to share application timeline for CWP stream from Vietnam. Anyone fr VN please share your status and timeline for all of us to keep the hope for progress.

My application timeline:

- Submit online: 21-01-2021
- Biometric instruction letter: 24-01-2021
- Appointed letter for biometric at VAC Ho Chi Minh: 27-01-2021
- Upfront medical exam: in the same day 27-01-2021

I asked agent for application progress, they responsed my application started change to in process fr 10-02-2021. And until now, there is no update.

I have checked the processing time in VN for WP outside Canada is: 12 weeks.

You guys have some update, please share.

Thank a ton!

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
You submitted your application and then went to medicals ?
did u get a request letter for medicals ?

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
I got upfront medical exam and submitted
upfront medical exam is the one where you go for medical exam before submitting your application.
if you did apply the you have to wait for them to send you a medical request.

is there anyway your agent updated your UMI on the application after they submitted it ?

because just to be clear going for medicals after you apply is not really upfront medicals

Reactions: lotus2maple

lotus2maple

Apr 15, 2021
upfront medical exam is the one where you go for medical exam before submitting your application.
if you did apply the you have to wait for them to send you a medical request.

is there anyway your agent updated your UMI on the application after they submitted it ?

because just to be clear going for medicals after you apply is not really upfront medicals
Thank you for your response !

I made a mistake on the day for upfront medical exam. It was done on 04/11/2020.

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Then it‘s fine. Probably ask your agent to submit a webform or GCMS notes on what’s going on with your case.

Also FYI : the medicals is valid for 12 months only, so if do enter Canada before expiry of medicals its fine or else they ll ask you to take one when you enter and you can’t work unless you do take it.

keep your hopes alive

lotus2maple

Apr 15, 2021
Then it‘s fine. Probably ask your agent to submit a webform or GCMS notes on what’s going on with your case.

Also FYI : the medicals is valid for 12 months only, so if do enter Canada before expiry of medicals its fine or else they ll ask you to take one when you enter and you can’t work unless you do take it.

keep your hopes alive
Thanks for your notes for next entry step! It is too far once to get WP as priority first. I also read some medical issues that come up a lot for traveling Canada in Vietnam fr SP to WP as well.

Back to my application file, It is still processing under 12 week as of today 07-04-2021 (checked processing time WP outside in VN). I am waiting only now, I think next a few weeks when the time is over 12 weeks, I am going to ask again agent for progress/ results.

Keep updating and hope!

Reactions: agnelsavery

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Thanks for your notes for next entry step! It is too far once to get WP as priority first. I also read some medical issues that come up a lot for traveling Canada in Vietnam fr SP to WP as well.

Back to my application file, It is still processing under 12 week as of today 07-04-2021 (checked processing time WP outside in VN). I am waiting only now, I think next a few weeks when the time is over 12 weeks, I am going to ask again agent for progress/ results.

Keep updating and hope!
No it’s not processing under this weeks timeline, the processing timeline for your application depends on when you submitted your completed application.
And also for your information only one visa officer will handle your file

yes please submit a webform and don’t worry it’s not just you alone there are a lot of people waiting including me

lotus2maple

Apr 15, 2021
No it’s not processing under this weeks timeline, the processing timeline for your application depends on when you submitted your completed application.
And also for your information only one visa officer will handle your file

yes please submit a webform and don’t worry it’s not just you alone there are a lot of people waiting including me
Hi,

Understood !
I acknowledged that processing timeline is counted fr the day they received our complete application AND biometrics. Here mentioned from website:

12 weeks
You may need to give biometrics with your application.
This processing time doesn’t include:
  • the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office
  • the time you need to give your biometrics
And back to my application file: my agent feedback the application file start proceed from 10-02-2021. I dont know when my biometrics enrollment is collected. Moreover, I did not ask agent for screenshot. As I think, my file still under in time. Now is not the right time to push agent. Let them works...hic hic

However, I am stressful so I also check processing timeline everyday from the link. To keep a hope for shorter time and get results :))

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Hi,

Understood !
I acknowledged that processing timeline is counted fr the day they received our complete application AND biometrics. Here mentioned from website:

12 weeks
You may need to give biometrics with your application.
This processing time doesn’t include:
  • the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office
  • the time you need to give your biometrics
And back to my application file: my agent feedback the application file start proceed from 10-02-2021. I dont know when my biometrics enrollment is collected. Moreover, I did not ask agent for screenshot. As I think, my file still under in time. Now is not the right time to push agent. Let them works...hic hic

However, I am stressful so I also check processing timeline everyday from the link. To keep a hope for shorter time and get results :))
Yes you are still within the time frame so that’s good news and also your file was opened already.

now one of my friends applied last June and is still waiting for a decision to be made. He completed biometrics on October 2020 and no update since then. Now this is a problem because only one visa officer can handle a case file and in case if he is not able to handle it further due to certain circumstances then they have to transfer it to another but due to all the covid situation in Ontario and lockdown of business, IRCC is operating with very less man power and operating hours.

most of the applications that are processed now are student visa and spouse open work permits because both of these applicants are financially stable if they enter Canada.

so let’s hope the COVID situation gets better and that they process all applications soon

fingers crossed
good luck

lotus2maple

Apr 15, 2021
Yes you are still within the time frame so that’s good news and also your file was opened already.

now one of my friends applied last June and is still waiting for a decision to be made. He completed biometrics on October 2020 and no update since then. Now this is a problem because only one visa officer can handle a case file and in case if he is not able to handle it further due to certain circumstances then they have to transfer it to another but due to all the covid situation in Ontario and lockdown of business, IRCC is operating with very less man power and operating hours.

most of the applications that are processed now are student visa and spouse open work permits because both of these applicants are financially stable if they enter Canada.

so let’s hope the COVID situation gets better and that they process all applications soon

fingers crossed
good luck
Many Thanks for your comments and very informative input here !
I confused: my application is online submit so I don’t know who handle our application? Visa officer at the local ( for me hochiminh visa office) or IRCC officer in Canada?

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Many Thanks for your comments and very informative input here !
I confused: my application is online submit so I don’t know who handle our application? Visa officer at the local ( for me hochiminh visa office) or IRCC officer in Canada?
no problems

glad to help

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......