Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
So you paid $155 application fee + $100 PGWP Holder fee? Which border did you go to? How exactly is it done... just take the job offer letter, Offer of employment form, application fee that's it? Or do we print out all the forms provided on cic website for paper application and take those to the border? Do they ask you to fill out any additional documents?

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi R1982:

Your information is very meaningful, so i gave you +1

I am still waiting for my Closed WP. applied Feb 18, 2015 and was paper application.

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glmmoula said:
Hi:

I was applied for a CLOSED WP with my employer on February 18, 2015

Today received an OPEN WORK PERMIT with a validation of 1 year.

Enigma222

May 24, 2015
Hi,

I was hopeful you could clarify some things for me.

What documents did you need to complete the flagpole? I know you mentioned the fee payment, IMM 5802E, and the AOR. Did you need the AOR? Did you require anything else?
Which border did you go to?
Where did you find the information about being able to go to the border?
Did you speak to the BC pnp people about this?

Thanks you so much.

R1982 said:
Hey Bpatel
If you have BC PNP Approval letter than u must ask to BC PNP officer to get Work Permit Support Letter to extend your work permit .......you can go to U.S.-CANADA Border for flag pole to extend your work .......but u must take with u Employer compliance Fees receipt of CAD$230 and filled IMM 5802E farm from your employer and a reference letter from your Employer about your job.
I have been US-CANADA border last night to extend my closed work permit and they gave me work permit for 1 years. Until May 15, 2016
Wish u good luck if you need further assistance let me know .....I'll try my best to help you....!!!!

chelpotz

Sep 18, 2014
british columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 14, 2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Hi my friend work permit was about to expired on nov but havent recieve aor yet
Is it possible for her to apply for bowp?
Her paper reach cio sydney last april
Thanks...

PreetiCalgary2014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
I got my AINP nomination and now applying for extension of my work permit online. My Post Graduate WP expires on June 03, 2015.
What type of WP do I apply for? Open or Closed?

FILLING FORM - IMM5710
1. INTENDED WORK IN CANADA SECTION: What to mention on Duration of Employment question. What to put on TO and FROM dates?
I started working Sept 01, 2014 and my contract expires August 31, 2015 which automatically renews for further one year.

2.Under I AM APPLYING FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING- which option to choose
1 WP with Same Employer
2 Initial WP with new employer
3 Restoration of Status as a worker

3 Under DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA - What type of WP you are applying for?
Which option to choose-
1.Exemption from LMIA
2 Open WP
3 Other – Select other and mention ‘Closed Work Permit’

Can anyone please guide me? Much appreciated.

Preeti

chelpotz

Sep 18, 2014
british columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 14, 2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Hi may i know if bowp is different from extended working permit...thanks...

chelpotz

Sep 18, 2014
british columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 14, 2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Hi may i know if bowp is different from extend work permi? Im quite confuse...
My workpermit is about to expired on nov 2015 and im planning to apply for bowp...

What are the requirement need in applying bowp...

Thank you...

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
I have question regarding my work permit extension. I am MPNP nominee applicant and my medical is done for federal PR.My open work permit ig going to expire in NOV 2015 and I am hoping to get my PR before that but in worst case senerio if CIC will take more time and delay in PR then I would need to extend my WP.I want to apply for open work permit not close.I am just wondering can I apply for bridge WP 4 months prior before my WP gets expire ? I am looking to change my job actually as I am getting really got job can I do that without having any issues with my WP extension ?Any help would be really appreciated thanks

prentiss18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
i am currently on restoration as my BOWP got refused last monday..they said that i am not elligible in open work permit.
i am planning to apply for a CLOSED WORK PERMIT in the border. my employer can provide everything i need, job offer, LMIA exempt fee, REstoration fee, i am bc pnp nominee, and i have my pnp support letter too. i am also on my PR processing.. i got my AOR and done with my medical.
questions:
-are they gonna allow me in the border if im just on restoration, my work permit expired last april, and i dont have visa anymore.
-do i have a chance to be approve with that process.
-what elses documents should i bring.
-which border can u suggest.

PLEASE HELP ME! ANY IDEA WILL HELP.

SUSANJJ

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
hi
i also applied on Feb 18/2015 for closed wp.but i am wondering cic is currently working on Feb 15 and Feb 1 applications for WP.How did you get he wp on may 20 th.

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SUSANJJ said:
hi
i also applied on Feb 18/2015 for closed wp.but i am wondering cic is currently working on Feb 15 and Feb 1 applications for WP.How did you get he wp on may 20 th.
it came in mail. it was a paper application. even though processing time showing different and i was surprised! my work permit was supposed to expire on june 12, 2015, that could help to get my work permit earlier then the processing is shown.

vikrant khanna

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
The applicant has documented training and experience to be employable in occupations related to NOC 6421 Retail Salespersons and Sales clerks or in a related occupation. The applicant has been working in Manitoba since August 2012 and has long term offer of employment from same employer. On these bases, the applicant has demonstrated the intent and ability to establish successfully in Manitoba and contribute to economy of this province" This is my letter of approval. I have my file number and medicals. My open graduation work permit is going to expire next month. Now tell me is there anyone who applied for "Open work permit" with this kind of restriction or this kind of LOA and they have got there OBWP.

"Is there any who got BOWP with this kind of nomination letter"

MP89

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2014
Doc's Request.
31-03-2015 (Schedule A)
Nomination.....
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
Med's Request
27-01-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2015
prentiss18 said:
i am currently on restoration as my BOWP got refused last monday..they said that i am not elligible in open work permit.
i am planning to apply for a CLOSED WORK PERMIT in the border. my employer can provide everything i need, job offer, LMIA exempt fee, REstoration fee, i am bc pnp nominee, and i have my pnp support letter too. i am also on my PR processing.. i got my AOR and done with my medical.
questions:
-are they gonna allow me in the border if im just on restoration, my work permit expired last april, and i dont have visa anymore.
-do i have a chance to be approve with that process.
-what elses documents should i bring.
-which border can u suggest.

PLEASE HELP ME! ANY IDEA WILL HELP.
I think so you should apply inland as there if it is not extended they won't let you in.

mahesh_amc

Oct 17, 2015
R1982 said:
Hey Bpatel
If you have BC PNP Approval letter than u must ask to BC PNP officer to get Work Permit Support Letter to extend your work permit .......you can go to U.S.-CANADA Border for flag pole to extend your work .......but u must take with u Employer compliance Fees receipt of CAD$230 and filled IMM 5802E farm from your employer and a reference letter from your Employer about your job.
I have been US-CANADA border last night to extend my closed work permit and they gave me work permit for 1 years. Until May 15, 2016
Wish u good luck if you need further assistance let me know .....I'll try my best to help you....!!!!
Hi Friend,

I applied work permit extension through NS provincial nomination on 9th July 2015, However lack of knowledge i have not submitted LMIA Exemption form (IMM5802).
I just informed my employer about my application they are going to give in next week (they going to prepare now )
i'm working with the same employer from last 18 months
So my question is can i submit after getting the LMIA exemption form ? if yes how i can submit cause i applied in online there is no option to upload the new documents.

i called customer care they said if CIC request for new docs then only i can submit those.
and they said there is 99% chances of getting rejected if they dont request these docs.

so my question is if i get rejected can i get closed permit at border (CBSA) ? by showing all the required documents.
right now i'm in implied status once i get rejected i will go the restoration period.

your help and consideration is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Mahesh