+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit Ongoing and Spouse Open Work Permit Application- Inland

Katasco

Mar 30, 2020
Hey guys, hoping someone can help. I am in CA on a 3-year closed work permit for 2 months now (NOC0124). My wife is with me and already has a 3-year spousal visitor record (we are coming from a visa-exempt country). She has started her application for a SOWP- in the portal there is only a short list of documents to be uploaded: IMM 5710; IMM5707; medical exam; marriage certificate; spouse status proof (my WP basically) and digital photo. In the Optional Documents section- there is only the "Client information" - where you can add 1 file that can be a letter. While reading the forums I have come across people that needed to submit substantial proof of relationships, money, ties to the homeland, pay stubs etc. Should I submit info like this in a collated PDF? It would be more than 4MB (that is the limit). We have been married for 8 months, have a house together in my home country bought in 2017 and have been a couple since 2013. We have the same age, nationality and have been living in the same city back home. Now she is here with me, but would like to work as well. Is this considered a complicated case requiring tons of documents? It's strange as the portal makes it seem a very straightforward process, but the forums tell other stories...