+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit job ended

rana470

Jul 14, 2022
Hi,

I arrived in Montreal on Jul 2023 and now my job has ended.
I am on closed work permit which will end in 2026.
What are my options now
Can any one please guide me.
  1. Can I convert the work permit to open work permit.
  2. What kind of jobs can I eligible for ? I know I need to transfer my work permit to the new employer but is it possible for every job or only the jobs for which the employer has LMIA already
  3. Since I dont have job, can I travel out and back in Canada on that work permit ?

Any other suggestions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

What are my options now
  2. What kind of jobs can I eligible for ? I know I need to transfer my work permit to the new employer but is it possible for every job or only the jobs for which the employer has LMIA already
  3. Since I dont have job, can I travel out and back in Canada on that work permit ?

Any other suggestions.
1. No.
2. You need a LMIA from an employer and then apply for a new closed work permit. You cannot transfer the work permit to another employer.
3. Do you have a TRV? A work permit lets you work in Canada not enter.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

What are my options now

Any other suggestions.
It’s the same process you went thru to get your closed work permit in Pakistan.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-temporary-work-permit-to-bring-family-or-not.774281/

Only difference is you’re in Canada now
Your work permit is closed . Meaning it’s only good for the employer indicated on it . You can’t transfer it to a new employer

rana470

Jul 14, 2022
So I have this work visa stamped on my passport. If I travel out of Canada, Will I be able to enter Canada on it?