+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

closed work permit, EI, PR

youngg

Apr 12, 2020
Hi there,

I am on applied status for Permanent Residency, the status bar on the profile shows, its 40% complete. But I am staying at home now and not working. Can I apply for Employment Insurance (EI).

1) I am laid off, it affect my status to apply?
2) Do I need to update it on my profile that I was laid off?
3) And once I do that, and in the near future when I start working again at the same place how will I notify IRCC that I am working again?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I am on applied status for Permanent Residency, the status bar on the profile shows, its 40% complete. But I am staying at home now and not working. Can I apply for Employment Insurance (EI).

1) I am laid off, it affect my status to apply?
2) Do I need to update it on my profile that I was laid off?
3) And once I do that, and in the near future when I start working again at the same place how will I notify IRCC that I am working again?

Thank you.
The 40% is just an estimate and likely not as accurate because of covid. You can apply for EI if you qualify and have a valid work permit.
1. Did you use a job offer to gain points?
2. yes you need to update any changes in your profile. This can be done by webform
3. update via webform again

mkredy

May 18, 2017
The 40% is just an estimate and likely not as accurate because of covid. You can apply for EI if you qualify and have a valid work permit.
1. Did you use a job offer to gain points?
2. yes you need to update any changes in your profile. This can be done by webform
3. update via webform again
Hi, can anyone tell how to get 50 points for job offer without Lmia ? If you have aipp job offer or aipp workpermit can they get 50 points under cars calculator? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, can anyone tell how to get 50 points for job offer without Lmia ? If you have aipp job offer or aipp workpermit can they get 50 points under cars calculator? Thanks
No - you won't get the 50 points in these circumstances.

You really have two options to get the 50 points. One is the approved LMIA. The second is to be on an LMIA-exempt closed work permit that lists your employer (e.g. ICT visa) and to work in Canada for a full year for that employer.

Reactions: mkredy

mkredy

May 18, 2017
No - you won't get the 50 points in these circumstances.

You really have two options to get the 50 points. One is the approved LMIA. The second is to be on an LMIA-exempt closed work permit that lists your employer (e.g. ICT visa) and to work in Canada for a full year for that employer.
Thank you, but even if someone have aipp which is employer specific workpermit for 1 year without working complete year, can he get 50 points I thought aipp work permit comes under some fedral and province related agreement