+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Close Friends or Family the Sponsored Person has met

rlajambe

Jul 4, 2011
I am filling out the Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540), question 14. They want to know who my wife has met, who they are to me, and what date she met them. I don't know about any of you, but I don't have a mind for dates, and I certainly don't put pen to paper every time my wife or I meet somebody. The only person out of 40 that I do remember the date they met is a friend of mine who was there on the night I met my wife. Have any of you sent in this form without filling in the dates or written "Unsure"? Or am I going to have to invent dates?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Don't invent dates. Put as much of the date as you remember, then attach a note explaining you don't remember the exact date. I had to do that for my application - I only had the year for some people. The visa officer never questioned it.

rlajambe

Jul 4, 2011
Thank you! I can remember the month in some cases, maybe only the season in others. I definitely remember the year for all of them. Again, Thank you!

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
How many are we supposed to list? I only put my family members and 1 close friend and I stated that my spouse has met many of my friends during the time of stay in Canada

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
How many are we supposed to list? I only put my family members and 1 close friend and I stated that my spouse has met many of my friends during the time of stay in Canada
It is up to you but for time don't list all 80 people and the dates it starts looking a tad bit weird as an example

Just answer when they met your mom, dad, sis, bro etc