+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Client Reference Letter

cecaspirant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Couple of days back i posted a question to this forum members that in my employer reference letter it says i report to my manager in India, and few members responded that i should obtain a letter from a manager in Canada. Honestly i can't get one from Canada as my immediate manager is in India.

I work at the client place. Now my 2 questions are:

1. Is it ok if i obtain a letter from the Client side manager(Canada) along with my employer reference letter?
2. Assuming that i dont get letter from the client on their official letter head, can my client manager(in his personal capacity) given a letter on a while paper along with his business card? Would this be accepted by the VO

Regards

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecaspirant said:
Couple of days back i posted a question to this forum members that in my employer reference letter it says i report to my manager in India, and few members responded that i should obtain a letter from a manager in Canada. Honestly i can't get one from Canada as my immediate manager is in India.

I work at the client place. Now my 2 questions are:

1. Is it ok if i obtain a letter from the Client side manager(Canada) along with my employer reference letter?
2. Assuming that i dont get letter from the client on their official letter head, can my client manager(in his personal capacity) given a letter on a while paper along with his business card? Would this be accepted by the VO

Regards
Yes, Just on a White A4 papaer, try to keep the Client Company logo on the it.

And ask your client manager to mention every thing.... that you are employee for ABC working working at client (xyz) from, as a, duties..everything on checklist.

It will help a lot.

cecaspirant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Thanks Honeysingh. I am yet to ask the client for a letter, but if the client chooses not give one with a logo(i consider it as a letter pad) then on a white sheet(no logo) along with his business card(which will the company name, logo, desingation contact details etc..)

Do you see any issues on this?

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if he doesn't agree to attach the company logo on letter,

I think business card of your client manager will also be an added benefit ....to show his/her genuinity working as a manager in that company.

As i said, try your best to convince him. before all show the checklist... your manager will know how important is the letter for immigration.

Good Luck

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see issues with both - especially if the manager writing your ref letter is employed by your Indian division opposed to the Canadian one.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecaspirant, i was following you first thread,,

when you have no option , provide as much information you have (with our confusing the VO) ...to prove that you have 1 year of experience in Canada.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecaspirant said:
Thanks jsm0085.. What other options do i have?
Why can't a manager from Canada, where you are currently employed, write the letter? What's the problem?

cecaspirant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
@jsm0085. I am part of a S/W development Team(3 persons) working at the client's place. Our Manager is in India. Though the HR is in Canada, he may be able to give a generic letter. The letter as per the CIC requirement is something that can be given my manager only as he only can vouch for the duties i am doing.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecaspirant said:
@ jsm0085. I am part of a S/W development Team(3 persons) working at the client's place. Our Manager is in India. Though the HR is in Canada, he may be able to give a generic letter. The letter as per the CIC requirement is something that can be given my manager only as he only can vouch for the duties i am doing.
That's where you are going wrong.

Your manager is based in India and you are working in Canada for the Canadian division not the Indian division - so as far as Cic are concerned he cannot vouch for your duties.

Why can't your mgr detail the duties and have your Canadian hr send the letter?

It's really up to you but remember you have been warned. I do believe you will run into serious issues with what you are talking about doing.

beasty.boy

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Apr-2013
honeysingh said:
when you have no option , provide as much information you have (with our confusing the VO) ...to prove that you have 1 year of experience in Canada.
I agree with honeysingh. You have to provide as much information as possible without confusing the VO.

Many people in the forum won't understand how in the IT services industry you can report to a manager in India while you are working in Canada. It would sound outrageous for them & there is a chance the the VO may think so too which can lead to rejection though your experience in Canada is legal & valid. Working for an IT services company, I also understand that your HR won't give you anything more than the standard 'Salary Letter'.

Nevertheless, the VO needs to see a reference letter on the company letter head from someone who you report to on a day to day basis. It is important for that person to be in Canada for the VO to be able to call & confirm if needed. Though your manager is in India, getting a reference letter from him would only complicate things because of the above said reason & the inability for VO to call them.

I'm assuming you report to someone at the client location who knows what you do. Lately, we've seen CIC asking for client reference letter because they understand this working model where employees are contracted to the client, work out of the client location & report to the client. Explain the situation to the client & ask for a reference letter on the letter head, where your client manager not only vouches for your duties, but also confirms that you report to him. If the client won't provide it on a letter head, the best chance you got is to get it on a letter & attach the client's business card along with this - but I don't know how far this will be effective. Most importantly, write a covering letter explaining how you work at the client location because of your specialization & attach the covering letter + HR salary letter from your company to your application. Given the circumstances, this is the best you can do.

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need to discuss further.

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
I think we are making things really complex here. As per below CIC requirement:
- up-to-date letters of reference from your past and curent employers for the past 3 years.
- Letter must be: signed by the responsible officer/supervisor

Why can't you submit a letter signed by your HR mentioning all your duties & whatever CIC is asking?

beasty.boy said:
I agree with honeysingh. You have to provide as much information as possible without confusing the VO.

Many people in the forum won't understand how in the IT services industry you can report to a manager in India while you are working in Canada. It would sound outrageous for them & there is a chance the the VO may think so too which can lead to rejection though your experience in Canada is legal & valid. Working for an IT services company, I also understand that your HR won't give you anything more than the standard 'Salary Letter'.

Nevertheless, the VO needs to see a reference letter on the company letter head from someone who you report to on a day to day basis. It is important for that person to be in Canada for the VO to be able to call & confirm if needed. Though your manager is in India, getting a reference letter from him would only complicate things because of the above said reason & the inability for VO to call them.

I'm assuming you report to someone at the client location who knows what you do. Lately, we've seen CIC asking for client reference letter because they understand this working model where employees are contracted to the client, work out of the client location & report to the client. Explain the situation to the client & ask for a reference letter on the letter head, where your client manager not only vouches for your duties, but also confirms that you report to him. If the client won't provide it on a letter head, the best chance you got is to get it on a letter & attach the client's business card along with this - but I don't know how far this will be effective. Most importantly, write a covering letter explaining how you work at the client location because of your specialization & attach the covering letter + HR salary letter from your company to your application. Given the circumstances, this is the best you can do.

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need to discuss further.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TorontoFerrari said:
I think we are making things really complex here. As per below CIC requirement:
- up-to-date letters of reference from your past and curent employers for the past 3 years.
- Letter must be: signed by the responsible officer/supervisor

Why can't you submit a letter signed by your HR mentioning all your duties & whatever CIC is asking?

Hahahaha....its not that simple you thing especially in IT Industry, when you work at client location...Its bit complicated

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Hi Honeysingh,
I am also in IT industry & at client site, its not that complicated.
Lots of my friends (not only from my company even from other companies) have applied & got their PR with HR letter.
Tell me one thing who used to give letter mentioning your role & responsibilities whenever you have applied WP extension? Client manager, your company manager or HR?
honeysingh said:
Hahahaha....its not that simple you thing especially in IT Industry, when you work at client location...Its bit complicated