+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CLIENT ID NUMBER

A

AmiMarin

so i was reading about the GCMS notes and it says if the applicant is not in Canada they have to sign a concent for somebody else to sign up for the GCMS...my husband is in Guatemala and we are using a "representative" I called the rep the other day about getting the notes and he said it was a waste of time. But I want them. Since we are using a rep can I still apply for the GCMS notes myself or does he have to do it? and since im the sponsor do I really need my husbands concent???

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think you need your rep if you want your GCMS notes. You do need his consent though, he has to fill out the form and sign it and he can scan it and email it to you. No need for waiting for mail. You fill out the other forms and you have to pay 5 dollars since he is not in canada. Make sure you just request for the electronic notes, if you request for file plus notes it can delay your application. There are some good threads on the forum, search for them so you get a better understanding and fill out the forms properly before sending them to ottawa.

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@AmiMarin have u sent for your notes yet? Its been a month for me and no info back and i have been watching my MasterCard and the 5 dollar charge never came off. I did faxed them but maybe the fax was bad or something, so i will mail it in the physical mail.

yahya777

Nov 12, 2011
Call your local MP. they will contact the embassy and get back to you with an approximate date. i had the same issue as u, i called my local MP 3 months ago and they told me that my wife's permanent residence (acceptance or refusal) should be in June.

good luck

A

AmiMarin

No, I didnt send it in yet. My husband got a call last friday that there was an envelope for him to pick up from the Embassy so he got it on Monday. It was a request for additional documents and that $490 fee. When he picked them up he asked the lady how long she thought it would take until he gets an answer and she told him if we get the documents back quickly it shouldnt be anymore than 4 weeks. But we still have to get an ARC and the payment for that was not marked off on the list for additional documents so Im thinking its not gonna be done in 4 weeks but fingers crossed. So after we send these documents in next week if we dont hear anything soon after I will send for the notes. Let me know when you get your notes! Or even better if the VO contacts you. Hopefully we will both be done really soon!

A

AmiMarin

yahya777 said:
Call your local MP. they will contact the embassy and get back to you with an approximate date. i had the same issue as u, i called my local MP 3 months ago and they told me that my wife's permanent residence (acceptance or refusal) should be in June.

good luck
What office is your application in? Would you mind sharing your timeline?

yahya777

Nov 12, 2011
My wife lives in Syria. Her papers are being processed in Damascus.

I sent the whole sponsorship application in June. I was approved as a sponsor and my file was then sent for further processing in Damascus.

Damascus received my application in August.

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@yahya777 Thanks for sharing your info, when you contacted the mp how did you do it? and how did u address it to him? and how long does it take? Thank you!