+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clerical Mistake in primary applicant name in PR Application

Jul 26, 2018
Hello everyone

I accidentally typed my Last Name wrong in the Primary Applicant details section of the PR Profile (My last name is Ponnuru but it got typed as Ponnnuru (3 Ns)). I received ITA in June and I was busy collecting all the documents, so could not check. Now I have to submit all the supporting documents in 30 days. I tried to edit the name as I did not submit the final application yet, but since I got the ITA it is not letting to edit my name. So what are my options to notify the IRCC about my mistake? I do not want to re-submit a new application. Please help

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone

I accidentally typed my Last Name wrong in the Primary Applicant details section of the PR Profile (My last name is Ponnuru but it got typed as Ponnnuru (3 Ns)). I received ITA in June and I was busy collecting all the documents, so could not check. Now I have to submit all the supporting documents in 30 days. I tried to edit the name as I did not submit the final application yet, but since I got the ITA it is not letting to edit my name. So what are my options to notify the IRCC about my mistake? I do not want to re-submit a new application. Please help
Along with the supporting docs also send letter of explanation about this.