+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cleared Citizenship Test but still waiting for RQ

jaggibrijesh

May 11, 2010
Hello,
i applied for my citizenship in April 2014.

Got an RQ in July-2014, and then was called for a test on September 22nd-2014. Which i cleared.
The gentlemen who interviewed me said will be getting a letter to appear for oath in few weeks, its been almost 2 months and the call center agent told me they are still reviewing my RQ.

I googled about RQ wait and i am seeing horror stories, any suggestions how long this should take. I dont even have t way to follow up, other than a fax number..

My application is being processed at the Hamilton, Ontario Office.

Thanks...

jaggibrijesh

May 11, 2010
I was a few days short in my 1065 days in Canada, like 2-3 days.
Was a calculation mistake, and the officer checked all pages of my passport.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaggibrijesh said:
Hello,
i applied for my citizenship in April 2014.

Got an RQ in July-2014, and then was called for a test on September 22nd-2014. Which i cleared.
The gentlemen who interviewed me said will be getting a letter to appear for oath in few weeks, its been almost 2 months and the call center agent told me they are still reviewing my RQ.

I googled about RQ wait and i am seeing horror stories, any suggestions how long this should take. I dont even have t way to follow up, other than a fax number..

My application is being processed at the Hamilton, Ontario Office.

Thanks...

I wouldn't bother so much since you got the RQ before the test, you should be getting your oath ceremony this month or next.

jaggibrijesh

May 11, 2010
I hope so, i learnt this lesson the hard way,

i should have given a few days over required 1065 days in Canada... I submitted my application when i was exact 1065 :eek: .

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaggibrijesh said:
I hope so, i learnt this lesson the hard way,

i should have given a few days over required 1065 days in Canada... I submitted my application when i was exact 1065 :eek: .
I guess you re more than 2-3 days short because the requirement is 1095 and you're talking about 1065.

jaggibrijesh

May 11, 2010
Cant remember the number, i am 100% sure i was like 2-3 days short of required...

I made a few road trips to USA that were not calculated correctly....

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
I don't know what kind of RQ you got, but I think you probably have to wait a bit longer. I took the test in August in Kitchener and am still waiting for my RQ to be processed. The agent told me it takes several months, as the RQ is being processed at St. Clair.

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
applicant314 said:
I don't know what kind of RQ you got, but I think you probably have to wait a bit longer. I took the test in August in Kitchener and am still waiting for my RQ to be processed. The agent told me it takes several months, as the RQ is being processed at St. Clair.
I had pretest A5 RQ and passed my test in Ottawa in February 2014. RQ is still in process of collecting dust in St.Clair. :(

jaggibrijesh

May 11, 2010
thanks guys, so all RQ's are processed in St Clair???, i was blaming Hamilton office...
St Clair is the busiest office in Canada...

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
jaggibrijesh said:
thanks guys, so all RQ's are processed in St Clair???, i was blaming Hamilton office...
St Clair is the busiest office in Canada...
Yes. RQ's going to St. Clair.
I'd rather say it's the laziest office in Canada ;)

CherineAmr

Jan 29, 2015
I was a few days short in my 1065 days in Canada, like 2-3 days.
Was a calculation mistake, and the officer checked all pages of my passport.
I did a mistake in my calculation too... how long did it take them to deny your application so you can reapply again? I applied in Jan and my test was in Septemeber and then I was back and worth with the officer via mail and only then realized my mistake. Now he is been silent ever since October 3.

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
If you realized that you did a mistake and you don't comply with the requirements you can voluntarily withdrawal your application and send a new one immediately