+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification required

Feb 13, 2007
hello.

We're finally near the end of our process for immigration... I think..

We've been asked by the high commission to surrender my husband's passport. He is currently in Canada as a visitor and we are in the process of settling into canada (myself and myson)

The question is... if he surrenders his passport and needs to be home to close the sale of our house.... would he be able to travel without a passport or do we need something else to allow him to travel back to the UK while the high commission has his passport to be stamped.

any help is appreciated...

thanks

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
if he is traveling by air yes he will need it, if he is driving across american border then no he wont need it yet, are you doing inland app? if you are then i dont think you can leave before getting ur passport stamped or risk of not being able to get back in but i dont know ur situation or which application you filed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tamee said:
if he is traveling by air yes he will need it, if he is driving across american border then no he wont need it yet, are you doing inland app? if you are then i dont think you can leave before getting ur passport stamped or risk of not being able to get back in but i dont know ur situation or which application you filed.
He is a UK citizen, so he requires his passport to enter the US and also to fly. It appears that they have submitted an overseas spousal application to London.

PMM