Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
soon
I am Permanent Residet , planning to get married soon . would like to bring her after marriage with me to canada.

Here are few options to bring her here to Canada

1) She shall apply for Visitor VISA to Canda before getting married and What are the possibility of getting approved ?
2) After getting married , Apply for Sponsor ship , While waiting , Apply for VISITOR VISA.
3) After getting married ,Apply only for Sponsorship , Wait for 5 to 6 months to come to Canda.

Will there be a negative impact if VISITOR VISA rejected and applyting for Sponsorship ?

Once she got VISITOR VISA before marriage, Shall I apply for Sponsorship after bringing her to Canada?

Can seniors advice what is the best option to go ? Thanks in advance

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
In general ( whether before, soon after getting married, or later on), the chances of getting a visitor visa are pretty slim. CIC will need a lot of proofs that your wife (or future wife) will return to her country when her visa expires, and since you're a strong link to Canada, she will have to prove that she has stronger ties - a job, a house, children to take care of (if applicable), etc.

You can always apply, and if the visa is denied it won't affect the sponsorship application, so you have nothing to loose (except money obviously). However, be aware that the chances are really slim, and most likely, like most people on the forum, you will have to wait until the PR is issued to be re-united with your wife.

Good luck,
Sweden

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Jaya1985 said:
I am Permanent Residet , planning to get married soon . would like to bring her after marriage with me to canada.
1) She shall apply for Visitor VISA to Canda before getting married and What are the possibility of getting approved ?
She has to prove that she will leave Canada before the visitor visa expires. If she has a lot of proof of ties to her home country, she might get a TRV. Things like proof of a job, a letter from her boss giving her a few weeks of vacation, proof of enrollment in school, a mortgage or lease or house deed, proof of a bank account, etc. If she has gone to other countries on a visa and returned in time, submit proof of that as well.
¨¨ said:
2) After getting married , Apply for Sponsor ship , While waiting , Apply for VISITOR VISA.
Might work. Usually people are refused a TRV while waiting, but some have gotten a TRV in these circumstances. She will still need proof of ties to her home country.
¨¨ said:
3) After getting married ,Apply only for Sponsorship , Wait for 5 to 6 months to come to Canda.
This would probably be the fastest, since most likely she will not be given a TRV.
¨¨ said:
Will there be a negative impact if VISITOR VISA rejected and applyting for Sponsorship ?
There can be. If she has just applied for one, it should be OK. Make sure it is clear in the forms that she applied for the TRV to visit you, her spouse. The more failed visa applications someone has, the worse it looks for a spousal sponsorship - but again, one should be OK.
¨¨ said:
Once she got VISITOR VISA before marriage, Shall I apply for Sponsorship after bringing her to Canada?
You can. But if her country`s visa office usually only takes 5 or 6 months to process a spousal PR application, applying inland will take much longer and she won`t be able to leave Canada. She can apply outland while she is in her own country or while she is in Canada visiting you.
Since you are a PR, not a Canadian citizen, you have to be in Canada to sponsor her. You cannot wait with her outside Canada.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Sweden said:
In general ( whether before, soon after getting married, or later on), the chances of getting a visitor visa are pretty slim. CIC will need a lot of proofs that your wife (or future wife) will return to her country when her visa expires, and since you're a strong link to Canada, she will have to prove that she has stronger ties - a job, a house, children to take care of (if applicable), etc.

You can always apply, and if the visa is denied it won't affect the sponsorship application, so you have nothing to loose (except money obviously). However, be aware that the chances are really slim, and most likely, like most people on the forum, you will have to wait until the PR is issued to be re-united with your wife.

Good luck,
Sweden
is it really that hard to get a visa? -surprised- I remember when my first 6 month came closer to an end here, we decided to apply for more time. I didn't know this forum back then, so my husband and I just sent in our love story written in a letter and marriage cert and the other things the application wanted....and we wrote that we wanted extended visa so we had more time to prepare the Immigration application.
We had no idea how to fill in or what was smartest to write, so we just wrote about how our situation really was :p newbies as we were lol Were we lucky to get extended visa for one more year then?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It isn`t hard to get an extension, but it is difficult for nationals of some countries to get a visa in the first place.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
canadianwoman said:
It isn`t hard to get an extension, but it is difficult for nationals of some countries to get a visa in the first place.
Oh....yes of corse...it is different and depending on which country you come from....I didn't think of that. Oh so much to learn when it comes to these things. Thank you :)