+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

RamanDeep91

Jun 19, 2018
I have done +2 with commerce & than 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering and than 3 years of betech in mechanical engineering with lateral entry. Can anyone explain what would be the wes or iqas assessment..

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
You cannot select two or more degrees as you have not yet finished another degree and the option isn’t two or more degrees when you’re completing your profile. You have the option of entering all the programs WES/other have evaluated.
Thank you for your reply. Basically, that means that I can only evaluate my Bachelor's, right? Seems like WES/others won't give anything for Masters in progress.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Basically, that means that I can only evaluate my Bachelor's, right? Seems like WES/others won't give anything for Masters in progress.
You apply to WES once your masters is completed, not for in progress. If you want to go ahead, you can get your bachelor degree assessed. Are you eligible for EE with your bachelors

Reactions: hihello227
Jun 26, 2022
Guys, I have a bachelor's degree, 4 years, and multiple certifications in programming and management but all around 3-4 months. Trying to figure out if that counts as two or more degrees or should I enroll in a short one-year course.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Guys, I have a bachelor's degree, 4 years, and multiple certifications in programming and management but all around 3-4 months. Trying to figure out if that counts as two or more degrees or should I enroll in a short one-year course.
WES will only asses your bachelor's degree, the certifications won't count.

Atm99

Star Member
Jan 17, 2022
My wife has done bachelors in india( 4 years) and 2 graduate certification courses in canada ( Seneca - 8 month courses) .

We got WES qualifications as bachelors degree.

Does she qualify under two or more certificates, Diploma and degree?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
My wife has done bachelors in india( 4 years) and 2 graduate certification courses in canada ( Seneca - 8 month courses) .

We got WES qualifications as bachelors degree.

Does she qualify under two or more certificates, Diploma and degree?
Yes, cause one you create the profile in Express Entry, you need to fill in the CA education details as well.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I asked this question in another thread, but this one seems more oriented on what I'm asking.

If I have a 4-year bachelor's degree from my home country with ECA and I did a 1-year graduate certificate in Canada, would that count as two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I asked this question in another thread, but this one seems more oriented on what I'm asking.

If I have a 4-year bachelor's degree from my home country with ECA and I did a 1-year graduate certificate in Canada, would that count as two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?
You can count two or more if your ECA states 3 or more years.

Reactions: andrews17

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Yes

Reactions: andrews17

Zainm17

Nov 17, 2022
I obtained an Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering from Aptech and used it to obtain a Bachelor Of Science in IT from Middlesex University. My Bachelors transcript shows that I received two years of exemption for years one and two from Aptech, and that I studied at Middlesex University for the third year.

Now I've discovered through WES website that they would not evaluated Aptech Diploma.

I need advice on how to proceed, specifically whether I should use another company to evaluate my degree or whether I should only send my bachelor's degree for evaluation and not the Aptech diploma, if Wes is not considering it. Please can anyone help me, really confused. Thanks

santhosh789

Feb 3, 2023
Hi i have done bachelors in civil in 2017 and i have finished certificate 4 courses in Australia in the year 2029-2021 in building and construction for 2 years part-time and i have done certificate 4 in WHS one year online course when i did an Wes evaluation they gave only bachelor for 4 years and gave those two certificates as secondary school diploma..so will i be able to apply for two or more certificate points? since i have done the certificates after my bachelors?. thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi i have done bachelors in civil in 2017 and i have finished certificate 4 courses in Australia in the year 2029-2021 in building and construction for 2 years part-time and i have done certificate 4 in WHS one year online course when i did an Wes evaluation they gave only bachelor for 4 years and gave those two certificates as secondary school diploma..so will i be able to apply for two or more certificate points? since i have done the certificates after my bachelors?. thanks
No you cannot count as two or more. The certificates have to be assessed as post secondary. Doesn’t matter if you did it after degree.

BRashmi

Jul 28, 2022
Can anybody please tell me which ECA organization will be helpful in getting the Master’s equivalency for my scenario.

Bachelor of Engineering - 4 years from Mumbai University
Master of Management Studies - 2 years from Mumbai University: WES Degree Equivalency tool gave this as "Bachelor's degree (4 years)"

Please help.