+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification Needed: Start Date for Primary Occupation for Express Entry Profile

rockersfive6

Apr 11, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm currently completing my express entry profile and need some clarity on a specific question:

Date you first became qualified to practice in this occupation.

• If the "primary occupation" is: Qualified trades occupations (five-digit codes) include occupational code 62200 and occupational codes beginning with 72, 73, 82, 83, 92, 93 and 6320 (except occupations beginning with 726 or 932).
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

My primary occupation falls under NOC code 21232, and both my 8 month co-op experience (part of my program) and subsequent 1 year full-time work carry the same NOC code. However, my co-op was under a Co-op Work Permit, while my full-time work was on a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Implied Status.

Could you please advise whether I should enter the start date of my co-op experience or the start date of my PGWP Implied Status in this section?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Edit #1:

This link is in FAQ that states a general answer to this question. I checked under NOC 21232 which states that you need a Bachelor's Degree/certificate in computer science from a university/college. I completed my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science outside Canada so can I enter the date I got my Bachelor's Degree completed?

Last edited: