Clarification needed for PCC for dependent (wife) and POF

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi,

I got ITA under CEC class on August 9. My wife is in India, she is getting PCC from local police office which will have stamp of SP, But it will not have any photo.
Please suggest. Also, some time SP office writes "no crime in this district during her stay", does these wording matters.

Second Question, I am currently employed but have only about 10 G in account, as per CIC website CEC not needed to show fund, do i need to worry about, give the condition, if i leave Canada while PR is processing.

Thank you, please help.....

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Just wondering, last time I got PCC while I was in India it was from the passport office not from police station.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I got ITA under CEC class on August 9. My wife is in India, she is getting PCC from local police office which will have stamp of SP, But it will not have any photo.
Please suggest. Also, some time SP office writes "no crime in this district during her stay", does these wording matters.

Well, it does matter if she has ever lived anywhere else since the age of 18, or if there are dates in the PCC that exclude any time since she turned 18 - in that case it would not be accepted.

This is why it is better/preferred to get the PCC from the passport office, as metalrahul did, since it is "national" in scope (and lifetime).

Second Question, I am currently employed but have only about 10 G in account, as per CIC website CEC not needed to show fund, do i need to worry about, give the condition, if i leave Canada while PR is processing.

No.

sathishc87

May 13, 2018
Hi Friends,

I received ITA on June 13th 2018 and I'm the primary applicant. Need quick help regarding the POF. My spouse parents transferred money into her account and I'm planning to get gift deed on her name.
  • Is this fine to show all the money in dependent account (its not joint a/c)?
  • DO I need to need to get any letter from her to prove I have access to those funds?
  • OR Money should be in my account only?
Appreciate any valuable suggestions.

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Friends,

I received ITA on June 13th 2018 and I'm the primary applicant. Need quick help regarding the POF. My spouse parents transferred money into her account and I'm planning to get gift deed on her name.
  • Is this fine to show all the money in dependent account (its not joint a/c)?
  • DO I need to need to get any letter from her to prove I have access to those funds?
  • OR Money should be in my account only?
You posted your question in the CEC forum, so I will assume your ITA is for the CEC class. CEC applicants do not need to show proof of funds.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

RajV

Jun 25, 2018
Hi,
I came to Canada on study permit at the age of 18 and currently under post study work permit having >1 year of working experience. I am reveiwing the process of PR and a have query on police clearance certificate. I have never lived in any country for more than 6 months except Canada after the age of 18.

So the question here do i still need any police clearance certificate from the country of my nationality (India). IRCC statement as per below doesn't say this but i need to make sure through your experience and guidance.

Police certificates for Express Entry applications
Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.
Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:
  • you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

Appreciate your input with guidance.

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
I came to Canada on study permit at the age of 18 and currently under post study work permit having >1 year of working experience. I am reveiwing the process of PR and a have query on police clearance certificate. I have never lived in any country for more than 6 months except Canada after the age of 18.

So the question here do i still need any police clearance certificate from the country of my nationality (India). IRCC statement as per below doesn't say this but i need to make sure through your experience and guidance.

Police certificates for Express Entry applications
Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.
Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:
  • you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

Appreciate your input with guidance.
Under the rules it would not be required, but IRCC is well within its rights to request one anyway.

My suggestion would be to include a brief letter of explanation as to why you believe you do not need the PCC. You might think it is obvious, but it is better to state the obvious than to risk having the application returned as incomplete.

RajV

Jun 25, 2018
Under the rules it would not be required, but IRCC is well within its rights to request one anyway.

My suggestion would be to include a brief letter of explanation as to why you believe you do not need the PCC. You might think it is obvious, but it is better to state the obvious than to risk having the application returned as incomplete.
Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.