June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
Folks,

I am landing in Canada next week, and I am going through the cic website and found the following
"•two (2) copies of a detailed list of all goods (personal or household items) you intend to bring into Canada as settler’s effects (showing the value, make, model and serial number if the item has one). Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow. Learn more about bringing goods to Canada"

- So could you confirm how detailed this list should be? , should I declare all my DSLR camera and lenses with serial number and value? Also should I list all the cooking utensils , cloths, shoes, and small jewelries?

Thanks!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
victoryincanada said:
Folks,

I am landing in Canada next week, and I am going through the cic website and found the following
"•two (2) copies of a detailed list of all goods (personal or household items) you intend to bring into Canada as settler's effects (showing the value, make, model and serial number if the item has one). Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow. Learn more about bringing goods to Canada"

- So could you confirm how detailed this list should be? , should I declare all my DSLR camera and lenses with serial number and value? Also should I list all the cooking utensils , cloths, shoes, and small jewelries?

Thanks!

For clothes and toiletries, you can just estimate the value - ideally on separate line items per trip so that you don't run into issues when they cross items off as you import them. For jewelry and electronics, you do need to list them one per line item and include: for jewelry a photo (can be one you took yourself and printed) - and for electronics you should include model and serial number. There's a special section for vehicles that requires additional details. You can complete multiple B4A forms and just number them. Folks have also reported using other formats (Excel, packing lists) successfully.

Just take an extra copy with you, it will make life easier for you and the CBSA agent since they keep one and give one (once stamped) back to you.

If you decide to use them, the B4 is available at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
And the B4A is at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/. Be sure to check ''goods to follow" if you are not bringing everything in when you land and then keep the forms safely so you have them available for future trips. Note that the stamped B4/B4A serves as proof that you imported the items legally in perpetuity.

Detailed instructions are at http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5113-eng.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
victoryincanada said:
for common items, you can just use categories - men's clothes, jewelry, pots and pans, kitchen utensils, children's toys, computer equipment, etc.

But for any "high value" item I would list it individually, say, any individual item worth more than 1k (which, the cameras are professional gear, would easily qualify). For example, if it is an item you would individually identify on an insurance policy...

Otherwise, you could say "DSLR cameras (d) Lenses (5), and gear" and give a combined estimate.

victoryincanada

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
14 feb 2014
IELTS Request
celpip submitted
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
Goku said:
For clothes and toiletries, you can just estimate the value - ideally on separate line items per trip so that you don't run into issues when they cross items off as you import them. For jewelry and electronics, you do need to list them one per line item and include: for jewelry a photo (can be one you took yourself and printed) - and for electronics you should include model and serial number. There's a special section for vehicles that requires additional details. You can complete multiple B4A forms and just number them. Folks have also reported using other formats (Excel, packing lists) successfully.

Just take an extra copy with you, it will make life easier for you and the CBSA agent since they keep one and give one (once stamped) back to you.

If you decide to use them, the B4 is available at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
And the B4A is at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/. Be sure to check ''goods to follow" if you are not bringing everything in when you land and then keep the forms safely so you have them available for future trips. Note that the stamped B4/B4A serves as proof that you imported the items legally in perpetuity.

Detailed instructions are at http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5113-eng.html
Thanks Goku!

Also should I give someone's permanent address for sending PR card though I stay in hotel during initial days?

victoryincanada

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
14 feb 2014
IELTS Request
celpip submitted
Med's Request
pre medical
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to land
jes_ON said:
for common items, you can just use categories - men's clothes, jewelry, pots and pans, kitchen utensils, children's toys, computer equipment, etc.

But for any "high value" item I would list it individually, say, any individual item worth more than 1k (which, the cameras are professional gear, would easily qualify). For example, if it is an item you would individually identify on an insurance policy...

Otherwise, you could say "DSLR cameras (d) Lenses (5), and gear" and give a combined estimate.
Thanks jes_ON...:)

kagaya

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
I am having the same question. I just sent my passport last week and expect to receives it back soon.
My wife has some jewelry and it is still back home. We plan to bring it here next time since we are gonna do landing at US border.
Should I fill B4 or B4A? List each of them with a picture should be enough right?

What CLASSIFICATION TYPE are we?