I ve never used any name apart from my birth name
What should I write for details section

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi guys
I ve never used any name apart from my birth name
What should I write for details section
If you really have never used any other name than the name shown on your documentation of birth (no nicknames even let alone any other names used formally or officially) then the options include:
-- Fill in first row with your birth name and check "name at birth" in the details column
-- Put "NA" in first row first column (to indicate "not applicable" because you have never used any name other than the name given in item 4 or name listed in item 5)
-- Put "none" in first row first column (to indicate you have never used any name other than the name given in item 4 or name listed in item 5)

Since item 6 states "List all names you have used, including name at birth . . . " my sense is the first option is the better one, but many others interpret this to mean "List all other names you have used . . . " based on the help and guide information.

While my sense is that the first option is the better one, it is probably safe to say any of these options will be OK (again, as long as you never used any nicknames, let alone had a drivers license or bank account or school records, or such, showing a name other than the name that is documented in your birth records).

Rid879

Jun 16, 2017
In question 10 and 11 in the adult form should I write from most recent to least recent or the opposite?

cannewmem

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, I am hoping some senior members whoever went through this same process will guide me.

I have my given names in my passport as "aaa bbb" (with space). and last name as "DDDD". But in
  1. few documents my first name is "aaa" and
  2. few others it is first name is given as "aaa bbb" (with space) This is mainly because in few applications such as bank/employment either the application doesn't accept space in first name OR people simply assume if there is a space in given names , the first word (aaa in this case) is first name and the second word (bbb in this case) is middle name. That is what happened to me. In very few documents I also have "aaabbb" as first name (i.e., without space).
So it is all the same full name everywhere, They are just either with space or without space (somtimes my first name has only 'aaa' and some times it has both "aaa" and "bbb" with a space in between.

In very few documents, instead of my full last name 'DDDD', they simply put initial. So, my full name appears as 'aaa bbb D' instead of 'aaa bbb DDDD'.

In this case, should I list these variations of names in the application. I can list them, but it doesn't fit in to any of the nick name, alias, married name category and application has only drop down. So, for question 6, can I simply write this in a letter of explanation OR just don't list any other names, as I have same fulll name everywhere.

I would really appreciate if any senior members or who went through this scenario can help me with their experiences. Thanks a lot. Would it better to go thorugh an immigration consultant?

If anyone had gone through similar experience, please provide some suggestion. I would really appreciate it.