+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification for Proof of Relationship Status to claim points

srivid1

Aug 22, 2014
Our Relative in Canada has been long back settled as a Citizen,however he is my father's cousin brother(his mother's side blood relative).When we check the immigration application for Federal Skilled Worker Class/category,we should showcase proof of this relation (common parent name in any documentation between my father and his cousin brother,i.e.my uncle).
Also should I request my uncle to send his Birth Certificate copy - notarized by local Canadian's officier?

srivid1

Aug 22, 2014
The problem is ,my uncle will not have any family name(documentation) related to my father ,as he is mother's side relative.
How can I use his credential and score points for relation available in canada(citizen)...any covering letter explaining this situation to immigration along with other documentation

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srivid1,

As per my understanding, this relation doesn't fall under relatives category which is "Child of a Grandparent". He is cousin of your father which means your father and uncle have different parents but not same. If he was brother/sibling of your father having same parents, then he could have been considered a relative.

srivid1 said:
The problem is ,my uncle will not have any family name(documentation) related to my father ,as he is mother's side relative.
How can I use his credential and score points for relation available in canada(citizen)...any covering letter explaining this situation to immigration along with other documentation