+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification around restrictions associated with Open Work Permit.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Great news, so you went to the Niagra one?
Also what did you tell them as I'm not sure what to say ..
Oops - correction: we went to the Thousand Island border. We just requested to have the restrictions lifted from the open work permit and they knew what to do and told us to go to a specific office to have that done. Thousand Island border is a lot easier, a lot less traffic. There were like 4 people when we were there and took only 20 mins for it to be done. Niagara Falls is too congested with long lines of people.

Nov 29, 2018
Oops - correction: we went to the Thousand Island border. We just requested to have the restrictions lifted from the open work permit and they knew what to do and told us to go to a specific office to have that done. Thousand Island border is a lot easier, a lot less traffic. There were like 4 people when we were there and took only 20 mins for it to be done. Niagara Falls is too congested with long lines of people.

I actually went and it was not busy at all. However, they refused my request unfortunately, they said because I applied for it online I have to change the condition through the CIC office where I received my PGWP from. Since the document wast issued at the borders they can't change it for me.

did your wife recieve hers by mail or at the boreders?

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I actually went and it was not busy at all. However, they refused my request unfortunately, they said because I applied for it online I have to change the condition through the CIC office where I received my PGWP from. Since the document wast issued at the borders they can't change it for me.

did your wife recieve hers by mail or at the boreders?
She applied for OWP via mail along with our applications. Interesting to know why they refused your request because you did yours online.

TheGenie

May 23, 2016
Wondering if anyone else was able to get this change by flagpoling? My partner is in the same situation (OWP needed to remove medical restriction, medical exam done and received, from EU) and we tried to flagpole today. Unfortunately she was told she cannot make the change at the border (St Armand entry). However, no clear reason was provided for why, except the officer saying she must do it inside Aanada. The current waiting time fo 90 days for this change would mean she loses a job offer.

Anyone know if its worth to try again at a different port of entry? I found several people saying they succeded in this and others not, do CBP officers sometimes refuse to process these kind of thigns based on some whims?