+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification about PNP difficulty

MapleMoose

Jul 8, 2016
Hello everyone, Ive been researching ways to immigrate to Canada. Initially I was planning to do masters in canada for 2 years to get 3 year PGWP but my plan will not be possible due to unfortune rejection by the university I applied.

I am checking PNP programs and they seem relatively easier than studying for 2 years however everyone seems to prefer studying for 2 years and get 3 years PGWP. I still cant understand after all these hours of research, whats the downside of PNPs??? Are they not availabe to everyone, or limited or what? I already have a Bachelor's degree, and assuming I complete a 1 year post graduate certificate or diploma, is there anything preventing me from getting lets say OINP nomination?

Can you please explain the ups and downs for trying such a thing. Thanks in advance.

MM

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's probably nothing technically preventing you from getting an OINP nomination - at the same time there's also no guarantee you'll get one. Yes - they are absolutely limited. No - it's not relatively easy. If you check the Express Entry section of the forum, you'll find many people who qualify but haven't received a nomination (OINP reached its cap earlier this year and has been closed for many months now). When OINP reopens, there's speculation that you might end up needing more than 400 points to qualify or that they might add some other criteria. It's really impossible to guess until Ontario starts issuing nominations again. So the short answer is that the OINP nomination is very far from a guarantee. Completing a one year post graduate certificate or diploma will by no means guarantee a nomination.