+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarificaiton regarding education level with Bachelor's Degree + 6 month diploma

mann82

Jul 21, 2010
Hi All,

I was calculating my points using the Express Entry CRS Calculator and have a query regarding the same.

Can someone help me with the explanation for the following two options for "What is your highest level of completed education?"

Three-year or more post-secondary credential
[Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute]
+
"In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?" : NO

OR

Three-year or more post-secondary credential
[Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute]
+
"In addition to the certificate selected above, have you completed a 2nd post-secondary diploma/certificate?" : YES

OR

Two or more post secondary credentials with at least one being 3+ years
[Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.]

I have a Bachelor's of Engineering degree [4 years] along with a 6 months post-graduate diploma from CDAC, ACTS, Pune. While filling in the details to get my ECA done from WES, I found that they don't do evaluation for ACTS. So that leaves with an option of getting ECA for my engineering degree only. I was wondering under which category would my highest educational level would fall. Also I am aware that for the last option the additional diploma should be of atleast 1 year in duration.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If WES don't evaluate your 6 month diploma then you just have a bachelors.

mann82

Jul 21, 2010
True, but why does the CRS calculator have the two options with Three-year or more post-secondary credential.

If the second degree can be evaluated then it would come under the Two or more post secondary credentials with at least one being 3+ years category.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
mann82 said:
True, but why does the CRS calculator have the two options with Three-year or more post-secondary credential.

If the second degree can be evaluated then it would come under the Two or more post secondary credentials with at least one being 3+ years category.
If it is evaluated as a post secondary diploma you may be eligible for the points for that as well.

mann82

Jul 21, 2010
But as I said WES does not evaluate CDAC ACTS diploma hence the confusion regarding the 2 options with the Three-year or more post-secondary credential.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
mann82 said:
But as I said WES does not evaluate CDAC ACTS diploma hence the confusion regarding the 2 options with the Three-year or more post-secondary credential.
At the moment you can claim points for Three-year or more post secondary (4 year degree) depending on if WES evaluates it as that.

If WES also recognise the 6 month diploma as a post secondary diploma you can enter that in EE and it will automatically calculate your points to something higher.

Get them both evaluated first.