+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming work experience gained at partner's company; partner applying under same application for PR

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm applying for PR under CEC. However, I'm claiming 1 year of foreign work experience that I gained at my partner's company to increase my points under EE. My partner also applying for PR and we are both under the same application. I'm the primary applicant.

My partner wrote a letter explaining my duties, salary, other necessary details etc as per requirements. We have also included company's registration code, his business card etc. I'm also thinking thinking of including bank statements to demonstrate that I was paid legally (not in cash) via bank, also attaching document from my country;s government showing that I have declared taxes (in this documents company's name is clearly visible and basically shows that I worked legally, my health insurance was paid, etc). I'm ALSO thinking of asking the director of a company who takes care of our company' taxes (accountancy) to write a letter, basically saying that they know me, that they worked with me and explain my duties. My main concern is proving to immigration that I really performed these duties. But since I worked for my partner's company and he is applying with me, they can start asking questions.

Do you guys think these documents that I mentioned would be sufficient to prove that I have this foreign work experience? The main issue here is that I'm concerned that immigration might be extra harsh, as this company is owned by my partner who is also applying with me for PR. Even though we are applying through CEC stream, these foreign work experience points are critical for us. Do you guys think there's something else that I could add in terms of documents to make my application stronger? THANK YOU ALL. Your guidance appreciated.