+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming additional 50 points

Raising Star

Jun 21, 2018
i got ITA but wondering whether i should get claim 50 points for job offer. Company didnt give me offer letter but they have given employment letter in which it is stated that i have work till sep 2020 and also i have LMIA exempt work permit valid till 2020 ..Note i have already completed 1 year with the same employer ....Please suggest since it is not a offer letter can i submit other document like the one i mentioned above to prove that i have work till sep 2020...will CIC accept it or they want proper job offer letter

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
i got ITA but wondering whether i should get claim 50 points for job offer. Company didnt give me offer letter but they have given employment letter in which it is stated that i have work till sep 2020 and also i have LMIA exempt work permit valid till 2020 ..Note i have already completed 1 year with the same employer ....Please suggest since it is not a offer letter can i submit other document like the one i mentioned above to prove that i have work till sep 2020...will CIC accept it or they want proper job offer letter
You will need to get a letter of reference from your employer.

Along with job designation, job duties, salary and other things, there should be a statement in the letter of reference, that your job offer is valid for one year after they issue the permanent resident visa.

If you can get this you can surely claim these 50points

Raising Star

Jun 21, 2018
I got one reply in favour and one in against of this in the forum which makes it more confusing .....I have two letter one reference letter and another employment confirmation in both it is clearly stated that i work till Sep 2020 ....But Jes_ON says it has to be a offer letter

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
Yes, my WP is LMIA exempted and my NOC category is A and I have been working with same employer(mentioned on WP) for 3.5 years.

But WP expires on Mar 2019. Does it cause any issue when I submit it as supporting document for job offer along with reference letter from employer?

Hello Balaji,

I have the same question, did you claim 50 points and got PR?, please confirm so that i can apply the same way. I am in closed work permit with NOC A around 4 plus years of experience.

vino2vijay

Jul 23, 2015
Hey Guys, I am on OPEN Work PERMIT and got new job offer, my category would be NOC A. Can I claim 50 points ?

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hello All,

I am a full time employee, with valid job offer letter working in same company since 1 year can I claim 50 points ?

Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello All,

I am a full time employee, with valid job offer letter working in same company since 1 year can I claim 50 points ?

Thanks
Are you on a closed work permit or an open work permit?
Does your letter of reference also mentions that they will keep your hired for another year post the issuance of PR?

nandu23

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Yes I can ask my employer to make a note that they will have the offer for me for next one year.
I’m on open work permit currently.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
Hi All,

Hope you guys are doing good. Have a question on how to get additional 50 points on job offer. I have ICT(LIMA exempted) till Aug 14, 2020
Have been working in Canada for 1 year. I have a company agreement letter, secondment letter, I have offer details(Salary part).
I have the supporting letter with me from my company which they submitted to CIC while filling for ICT. In this letter a detailed job descriptions, my experiences are outlined.

Can I use all these together to claim under JOB Offer.