+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming additional 50 points

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have been working in Canada on full time since 3.5 years on ICT work permit which is valid until 06-Mar-2019 (probably get extended) . My skill is NOC A category. I am currently having 423 CRS points. Can someone please let me know if I am eligible to claim 50 points for job offer ?

I know I need a reference letter from employer stating number of hours, job duties, salary etc. which can be arranged. However, I am concerned about my current work permit validity. It will be expired in less than an year from now. Can someone please advice if I can still claim those points.

Appreciate your help on this!

Balaji

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have been working in Canada on full time since 3.5 years on ICT work permit which is valid until 06-Mar-2019 (probably get extended) . My skill is NOC A category. I am currently having 423 CRS points. Can someone please let me know if I am eligible to claim 50 points for job offer ?

I know I need a reference letter from employer stating number of hours, job duties, salary etc. which can be arranged. However, I am concerned about my current work permit validity. It will be expired in less than an year from now. Can someone please advice if I can still claim those points.

Balaji
Bala, there should be a statement in the letter of reference, that your job offer is valid for one year after they issue the permanent resident visa.
If you can get this you can surely claim these 50 points

A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
Bala, there should be a statement in the letter of reference, that your job offer is valid for one year after they issue the permanent resident visa.
If you can get this you can surely claim these 50 points

A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
Thanks a lot.

In reference letter they mention start date but separation date is NA along with all other required details. Can I still use it to claim 50 points..? Plase advice.

Thanks!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks a lot.

In reference letter they mention start date but separation date is NA along with all other required details. Can I still use it to claim 50 points..? Plase advice.

Thanks!
My letter is the same, it does not have a statement of 1 year.... and it does not have a contract end date as I have a local contract....
I have claimed for the 50 points and my eligibility is passed....
But I cannot say for certain if this will be same case for you if the officer reviews it... Hats why I was suggesting you to get a clear statement from your organization so there is no ambiguity for the case officer reviewing your application.

Reactions: zanzompa

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
My letter is the same, it does not have a statement of 1 year.... and it does not have a contract end date as I have a local contract....
I have claimed for the 50 points and my eligibility is passed....
But I cannot say for certain if this will be same case for you if the officer reviews it... Hats why I was suggesting you to get a clear statement from your organization so there is no ambiguity for the case officer reviewing your application.
Thank you. If I apply, touch wood if its rejected can I apply again by improving score in other factors ?

Also, regarding my current WP it is expiring in Mar 2019. Is it a concern if I want to claim 50 points ?

Please suggest.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you. If I apply, touch wood if its rejected can I apply again by improving score in other factors ?

Also, regarding my current WP it is expiring in Mar 2019. Is it a concern if I want to claim 50 points ?

Please suggest.
You can improve your score e.g. language score and additional CEC work experience etc.,

WP cannot be used to claim 50 points as its not a job offer.
As you said above your WP will probably be extended beyond Mar'19, so I dont see any issue you scoring above with number of years of work exp in Canada.

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
Sorry, my previous question was confusing.

I mean if I claim 50 points I will definitely reveive ITA in next draw.
And if I submit reference letter from employer without stating 1 year min job offer but without having any end date as a proof. Touch wood for some reason if they reject my application, am I eligible to reapply ? Or is there any conditions that I have to wait for certain time ? Or do they blacklist my profile ?

And does WP expiry date matter if I claim 50 points having above reference letter from employer ? Kindly advice.

Thank you!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sorry, my previous question was confusing.

I mean if I claim 50 points I will definitely reveive ITA in next draw.
And if I submit reference letter from employer without stating 1 year min job offer but without having any end date as a proof. Touch wood for some reason if they reject my application, am I eligible to reapply ? Or is there any conditions that I have to wait for certain time ? Or do they blacklist my profile ?

And does WP expiry date matter if I claim 50 points having above reference letter from employer ? Kindly advice.

Thank you!
No you will be eligible to re-apply. if you are not misrepresenting any documents etc, they wont ban you for misrepresentation
Its just my guess / understanding, every ICT has a WP, which has a start and end date.. if you are able to extend your WP you will continue to work....

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

Balaji
If you are on deputation or work permit, you will not get 50 points as job offer requires an LMIA attached to it.

However, why dont you claim points for Canadian Work Experience? You will get enough points under CEC category.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
If you are on deputation or work permit, you will not get 50 points as job offer requires an LMIA attached to it.

However, why dont you claim points for Canadian Work Experience? You will get enough points under CEC category.
No. He will get 50 points. There are 2 categories that qualify for arranged employment points:

1) LMIA holders
2) no LMIA but holds a closed work permit(employer name is mentioned on the work permit). Also the person has already worked for that employer in canada for 1 year. And also the employer has given an offer that he will continue to employ that person for at least 1 year after getting PR.

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018

Thanks Preetsingh. I have only 423 points after adding Canadian experience.

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
No. He will get 50 points. There are 2 categories that qualify for arranged employment points:

1) LMIA holders
2) no LMIA but holds a closed work permit(employer name is mentioned on the work permit). Also the person has already worked for that employer in canada for 1 year. And also the employer has given an offer that he will continue to employ that person for at least 1 year after getting PR.
Thanks Ajith. Can I submit reference letter that does not have a statement of 1 year continuation after PR. However, there is no end date in the letter ?

Also, my current WP expires Mar 2019.
Is it a concern if I submit this WP ? Please suggest.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

If you are on a LMIA expedited WP you can claim points for job offers after your complete 1 year of work in Canada, provided it meets other requirements such as Full time work and NOC 0, A, B

Balaji99

Aug 29, 2018
If you are on a LMIA expedited WP you can claim points for job offers after your complete 1 year of work in Canada, provided it meets other requirements such as Full time work and NOC 0, A, B
Yes, my WP is LMIA exempted and my NOC category is A and I have been working with same employer(mentioned on WP) for 3.5 years.

But WP expires on Mar 2019. Does it cause any issue when I submit it as supporting document for job offer along with reference letter from employer?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, my WP is LMIA exempted and my NOC category is A and I have been working with same employer(mentioned on WP) for 3.5 years.

But WP expires on Mar 2019. Does it cause any issue when I submit it as supporting document for job offer along with reference letter from employer?
That was not for you Bala. I was quoting to @mr.preetsingh .

We discussed about your application yesterday.