+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming additional 50 points

sathishbalaji

Apr 7, 2019
Hey Guys,

Though we dont have job offer,with all the documents we can prove offer of emoloyment.But you should have valid visa for atleast a year after issuing PR.Keep in mind once you submit your passport for PR,they would cancel work permit and issue a one time visa.So that you can travel outside and come back to Canada to get your PR. That one year Visa post PR that I had mentioned is to gain scrutiny officer confidence that you will have continous job after PR.

It is a safe bet to apply for PR once you had applied for extension.Dont really bother about extension copy.You can very well upload your old WP and also all the documents to prove them that you had applied for WP extension when submitting documents for PR.

Reactions: dinkarinjosh

sathishbalaji

Apr 7, 2019
Don't wait for your wp to get approved.Am pretty sure company would have shared all the documents with you that they used for extension.When submitting docs for PR,give an explanation about wp extension is in progress along with the document.

Reactions: dinkarinjosh

ariga85

Apr 6, 2019
Montreal, QC
@sathishbalaji @dinkarinjosh @arghya009

Need urgent help: Can you please confirm if you or anyone were able to claim 50 points with LMIA exempt job offer from the same employer (working for more than a year on a closed work permit)? I have submitted my profile in the express entry, but unable to see the 50 points on arranged employment. Thank you in advance.

My situations:

• LMIA Exempt category: “Canadian interests” reasons under reciprocal employment category
  • Current work location: Montreal, Quebec
  • Worked one year on a closed work permit, valid till October 2021.
  • Have a job offer from same employer from office in Toronto.
Please find the links where it says that it will provide job offer points on this category:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=697&top=29
Certain Other cases link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

Please find my answers below, feel free to advise in case of any mistake.

Does NNNN have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:

• be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Information about the job offer

Is this job offer for work that is:
  • full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Four digit NOC code

Job title
YYYYYY

Information about the employer or company

How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
NO

Employer or company name
XXXXXX

Contact address of employer or company
ZZZZZZ

Intended location of employment in Canada

Province or territory
ONTARIO

City/town
Toronto

Street address
ZZZZZZ

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
NO

Is NNNN currently working in Canada?
YES

Does NNNN have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
YES

Is NNNN's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
YES

Has NNNN been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Four-digit NOC code of current work permit

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Does anybody able to claim additional 50 points with intra company transfer(LMIA exempt, Specialized knowledge)?

Below are my details:

1.I have completed my 1 year experience working in Canada at March 2021 on the close work permit, Intra company transfer (specialized knowledge, LMIA exempt).

2.I have a job offer letter which has been given by the employer stated, “temporary work permit for two years to be issued” dated Feb -2020.

3.I have valid work permit until March 2022.

4.I have all my paystubs, T4 document, employment letter dated in April (mentioned Full time, Canada experience mentioned, annual salary)

Will these documents helpful for claiming those 50 points?

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Thanks, so you are asking to wait for wp extension to get approved. I already applied wp extension and it’s in progress
I think I am under the same employer as well. What did you do as I am in your situation? What happened on your ITA? Appreciate your response.

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hey Guys,

Though we dont have job offer,with all the documents we can prove offer of emoloyment.But you should have valid visa for atleast a year after issuing PR.Keep in mind once you submit your passport for PR,they would cancel work permit and issue a one time visa.So that you can travel outside and come back to Canada to get your PR. That one year Visa post PR that I had mentioned is to gain scrutiny officer confidence that you will have continous job after PR.

It is a safe bet to apply for PR once you had applied for extension.Dont really bother about extension copy.You can very well upload your old WP and also all the documents to prove them that you had applied for WP extension when submitting documents for PR.
Hi. I have the extended VISA 3years from now and gotten an ITA now. So, as you suggest here, with this and other available documents, I have chance for approval without a offer of employment mentioning job even after PR.
Appreciate your response.

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
@mr.preetsingh I have an LMIA approved job offer. I will be starting work in December 2019. Will i be able to claim additional 50 points with a job offer letter which states i have been offered "job on an indeterminate/permanent full time (40hrs per week) basis in the position as software engineer (Associated NOC 2173, skill type A)"

Can anybody here help me with this query? I am very confused whether to claim 50 points or no. I have read posts which state offer should say "its valid 1 year after PR". Is that mandatory?
Hi. I have the very same situation. May I please know what did you do and submit? What happened to the ITA?

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hello Balaji,

I have the same question, did you claim 50 points and got PR?, please confirm so that i can apply the same way. I am in closed work permit with NOC A around 4 plus years of experience.
Hi. Did you have any response or confirmation on this? Pls share. Appreciate it

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Thanks a lot.

In reference letter they mention start date but separation date is NA along with all other required details. Can I still use it to claim 50 points..? Plase advice.

Thanks!
Hi. Did you have any luck reg. this? Please share what you did as I am in the situation. Appreciate your response.

SFhunkCanada

May 16, 2023
No. He will get 50 points. There are 2 categories that qualify for arranged employment points:

1) LMIA holders
2) no LMIA but holds a closed work permit(employer name is mentioned on the work permit). Also the person has already worked for that employer in canada for 1 year. And also the employer has given an offer that he will continue to employ that person for at least 1 year after getting PR.
Point 2 applies for me but my application still got rejected.