+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claim Accepted what are the next steps

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Hello,
I have got positive decision on my claim.What are the next steps do I need to wait for the 15 days cycle if minister wants to appeal or can I apply for permanent residence now apart from that, what is the process for permanent residency as I came to know that they are few applications which needs to be filled and I have to mail them.Is there any way to apply for PR online or is this the only way how it is done?

If application is being sent by mail do I have to wait for confirmation or what is the process to link online what is that so as I saw some threads about linking It online not sure what it is.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I have got positive decision on my claim.What are the next steps do I need to wait for the 15 days cycle if minister wants to appeal or can I apply for permanent residence now apart from that, what is the process for permanent residency as I came to know that they are few applications which needs to be filled and I have to mail them.Is there any way to apply for PR online or is this the only way how it is done?

If application is being sent by mail do I have to wait for confirmation or what is the process to link online what is that so as I saw some threads about linking It online not sure what it is.

Thanks
You need your notice of decision by mail to apply for PR.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello,

Thanks
You do not need to wait the 15 days as outlined on the IRB website, its just there for guided purposes, and also by the time you get the appointment and application in that 15 day may already pass (Just my opinion)

Firs find a community centre in your area that offers services to help you fill out the forms to ensure you make no mistake or miss any information.

Make sure to go apply for your health card.

you can find the full checklist and documents required on IRCC website

read this for more info..

congratulations and all the best!!!!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5205-applying-permanent-residence-within-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
You do not need to wait the 15 days as outlined on the IRB website, its just there for guided purposes, and also by the time you get the appointment and application in that 15 day may already pass (Just my opinion)

Firs find a community centre in your area that offers services to help you fill out the forms to ensure you make no mistake or miss any information.

Make sure to go apply for your health card.

you can find the full checklist and documents required on IRCC website

read this for more info..

congratulations and all the best!!!!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5205-applying-permanent-residence-within-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html
Thanks a lot for the detailed response

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hey i have filled my PR application with capital letters is it a problem? Or do we have to fill it with small letters as I couldn’t find anything about this
Hi did you got any confirmation or second nod from RAD stating minister didn’t appeal? How one can know that minister has not appealed within 15 days ?