+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cj approved waiting oath Montreal please advise

Mtljuly2014

Jun 14, 2014
Hi all seniors in this forum

I called CIC today I was informed that my file was approved by CJ on 18th June 2014. And no news on the oath ceremony.

How long will it take the local CIC office in Montreal to send invitation for oath ceremony

Please advise

Thank you all

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mtljuly2014 said:

I called CIC today I was informed that my file was approved by CJ on 18th June 2014. And no news on the oath ceremony.

How long will it take the local CIC office in Montreal to send invitation for oath ceremony

Please advise

Thank you all
We've called many times and they always said that our file was approved by the juge and we're on the line to the oath. The last time we've called was one month ago.
We made our test on feb, 28. It's more than 4 months already and we didn't receive the oath letter until now.
So, I've decided to not call anymore and wait until we have 6 months after test...
Let's see what's gonna happen.

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Mtljuly2014 said:

Please advise

Thank you all
A week ago we were also told that the judge approved our file and we still don't have the oath date. We did the exam in March 26.

We don't know the date of judge approval, but it was around the end of June according to the info we get from calling.

hasb1901

Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it something that could be found on your GCMS notes ( I mean the date it was approved by CJ) ?
thanks

janoo

May 16, 2014
After test , they have time to arrange Oath within 6 months ...
hopefully you will get soon..

Mtljuly2014

Jun 14, 2014
Call centers have information on CJ approval date...

I do not understand why it takes so long for CIC to send invitations for oath ceremony.

Delay is normally two weeks in advance before scheduled date...

It might not be 24/25 maybe for 31st July or earlier

I keep my finger crossed.

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
hasb1901 said:
Is it something that could be found on your GCMS notes ( I mean the date it was approved by CJ) ?
thanks
I'm pretty sure this info is in ATIP. I've ordered one a few days ago. We'll see...

Mtljuly2014

Jun 14, 2014
I find it hard to digest...

People who passed there exams in April and even May are getting there oath dates.

I just saw in French forum one person passed exam on 16th May and got oath date for 31st July.

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Mtljuly2014 said:

Please advise

Thank you all
Today I called CIC and I was also told that the file was approved on June 18. I also did the exam in March 26, so my time-line for exam and approval is like you, Mtljuly2014. I don't understand why they are taking so long to schedule us for an oath! Is your application single or family? Mine is family...

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took my oath on the 10 of July, and many of the people there had taken the test in March and April, one guy sitting next to me had the test the last week of February...I think it's matter of waiting and being patient

Mtljuly2014

Jun 14, 2014
montrealia said:
Today I called CIC and I was also told that the file was approved on June 18. I also did the exam in March 26, so my time-line for exam and approval is like you, Mtljuly2014. I don't understand why they are taking so long to schedule us for an oath! Is your application single or family? Mine is family...
Sorry montrealia for my late reply... I did not get your notification...

I do agree with you it's crazy. I called today no update.

We have the same timelines...

Some who passed there exam in June already got the oath date. I do not know what to do
It's driving me crazy this whole process.
I cannot even plan my vacation.
BTW mine is single application