+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

City where you signed your application (Online citizenship application)

heartland232

Mar 11, 2019
Hi there,

I live in Waterloo and am currently visiting Winnipeg. I took the pic for the application and submitted the application online when I am in Winnipeg. However, I was under the assumption that the city where you sign the application is the city where you live and where you will have your oath ceremony, so I signed my name and typed "Waterloo" as the city where I signed the application when I am in Winnipeg.

I don't think it would matter, but I am still a bit paranoid about it. Will it be an issue in regards to my application?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi there,

I live in Waterloo and am currently visiting Winnipeg. I took the pic for the application and submitted the application online when I am in Winnipeg. However, I was under the assumption that the city where you sign the application is the city where you live and where you will have your oath ceremony, so I signed my name and typed "Waterloo" as the city where I signed the application when I am in Winnipeg.

I don't think it would matter, but I am still a bit paranoid about it. Will it be an issue in regards to my application?
Don't worry, this isn't an issue IMO. Your primary residence is still Waterloo so that's that. All good.

enjoy2020

Sep 27, 2020
@rajkamalmohanram I am in the same situation, signed the application in a different province while on vacation and am a little worried about it. Do you suggest explaining this in web form or not?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram I am in the same situation, signed the application in a different province while on vacation and am a little worried about it. Do you suggest explaining this in web form or not?
I don't think you have to. This isn't an issue. The office assigned is generally based on your residential address. So, your application will be sent to the local office responsible for your residential address AFAIK.

Reactions: enjoy2020

habibdhaka

Mar 6, 2017
@heartland232 and @enjoy2020 I am in a similar situation. I live in Toronto but now in Ottawa and made my application from Ottawa. But I put Toronto as the "city where you sign" box and a little worried about it. I read all the posts above but just still curious to know if this caused any issues afterward and you got your citizenship?

iamalazyperson

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi I have the similar issue too. My residential address is in Mississauga ON, but I sign while I was on vacation in Vancouver. So I put "Vancouver" as the city. I was very worried.