+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

City of Destination

MacGyver

Mar 1, 2016
What's the purpose of "City of Destination" in the Confirmation of Permanent Residency Form?
People say that we can land anywhere and get our cards from any province as we are under Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Please clarify, do I need to go to City of Destination after arrival in Toronto?
My showing in BC.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
MacGyver said:
What's the purpose of "City of Destination" in the Confirmation of Permanent Residency Form?
People say that we can land anywhere and get our cards from any province as we are under Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Please clarify, do I need to go to City of Destination after arrival in Toronto?
My showing in BC.
You can go and live anywhere in Canada.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
MacGyver said:

My showing in BC.
The immigrant may go to almost any destination in Canada. Landing in Quebec can be tricky if the immigrant's visa is not for residence in Quebec. (For example, it is best to have ticket or other documentation showing plan to merely transit through and settle outside Quebec if arriving in Canada at Montreal without having obtained immigration approval for Quebec.)

Otherwise, there is no restriction, no limitation, on where the new immigrant settles in Canada. (And, frankly, an immigrant can simply move even to Quebec after landing without restriction.)

I am not familiar with some of the more specific provincial programs, and do not know to what extent there are conditions which in effect might limit the new PR's options in Canada . . . but that does not in any way limit where the PR can land . . . and would not affect FSW immigrants anyway.

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi there,
As long as you are not under PNP you can live anywhere in Canada. You are applying (submitting your application) for PR Card in port of entry and provide the officer with real address (where you will get your PRCs).