Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks @Krissh2179I have layover of 80 minutes only. Do you think it is enough?
No. Re-schedule your onward flight and allow at least 3 hours.

Thanks @Krissh2179,
I have final destination of my flight ticket as Toronto. Won't the officials there allow me to board the onwards flight to Toronto and I can complete the remaining formalities over there?
No.

Thanks @Krissh2179,
I wasn't aware of this situation before booking flight.
That won't help you.

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
Hi, thanks both @Krissh2179 and @Hurlabrick for your quick response.

Actually, i got this flight in real cheap price.

And if I plan to reschedule my journey, it is going to cost me heavily.

What about if I book a separate flight from Montreal to Toronto same day and may be with the gap of 4 hours?

Would it be right approach?

Thanks

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019

What about if I book a separate flight from Montreal to Toronto same day and may be with the gap of 4 hours?

Thanks
You can do that no problems. That’s what @Hurlabrick suggested.
No. Re-schedule your onward flight and allow at least 3 hours.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

Thanks
Achieves the same thing! The actual time to clear activating your CoPR and doing your goods accompanying and goods to follow lists is about 30 minutes. BUT, that assumes you are the only person there and the CBSA officers are set up and ready. The problem is how many in the line ahead of you - it is THAT that will take 2 - 4 hours (maybe more, maybe less).

Honestly, if I were you, what with the jet-lag from Mumbai and all, I would book an onward flight to TO for the next day and stay at Montreal airport in a hotel in or very near the airport.

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
Achieves the same thing! The actual time to clear activating your CoPR and doing your goods accompanying and goods to follow lists is about 30 minutes. BUT, that assumes you are the only person there and the CBSA officers are set up and ready. The problem is how many in the line ahead of you - it is THAT that will take 2 - 4 hours (maybe more, maybe less).

Honestly, if I were you, what with the jet-lag from Mumbai and all, I would book an onward flight to TO for the next day and stay at Montreal airport in a hotel in or very near the airport.
Thanks @Hurlabrick ,

Really appreciate your response.
I'll try to follow your suggestion of staying in Montreal and flying next day.

But one more challenge would be luggage. I would have #2 checked in baggages and I'll you to drag them with me out and back in.

Would it be wise to book onwards flight from here or should I take a chance and do on the spot booking there itself?

Thanks

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks @Hurlabrick ,
But one more challenge would be luggage. I would have #2 checked in baggages and I'll you to drag them with me out and back in.
Yep, baggage would be a b*lls ache for sure. Why not stay at the in airport hotel: Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel - wheel your baggage on the airport cart and walk to the check in desk. Not spectacularly cheap.

Thanks @Hurlabrick ,
Would it be wise to book onwards flight from here or should I take a chance and do on the spot booking there itself?
Personally, I would book a flight the next day from Montreal to Toronto now, one less thing to worry about after a very long flight and you will still be jet-lagged!

Reactions: mechivicky

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
Yep, baggage would be a b*lls ache for sure. Why not stay at the in airport hotel: Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel - wheel your baggage on the airport cart and walk to the check in desk. Not spectacularly cheap.

Thanks, I'll have to check my purse
Guess it's not gonna be affordable.

Personally, I would book a flight the next day from Montreal to Toronto now, one less thing to worry about after a very long flight and you will still be jet-lagged!
Yes, I'll try to book the onwards flight this week itself.

Once again a big thanks for your kind views and suggestions.

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
Hi @Hurlabrick,

Thanks for the guidance.

I have booked a separate domestic flight from Montreal to Toronto for safer side.

I also talked to the airline guy through whom I booked the first flight ticket and they are of the opinion that 80 minutes of layover time is enough for completing immigration process and no need to book another flight. However, after going through your suggestions, I thought that it would be better to have a contingency plan.

If I finish my immigration process in the stipulated time, I'll continue with my first iteniary.

Had I not visited this forum, I guess I would have faced lot of trouble during my landing.

Thanks brother.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
With respect to the airline guy who may never have landed as a PR they are probably thinking about a standard passport check that everyone goes through in which 80 minutes may well be enough but possibly not enough for the added processing that is required to complete a PR landing along with anyone else in front of you..

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
With respect to the airline guy who may never have landed as a PR they are probably thinking about a standard passport check that everyone goes through in which 80 minutes may well be enough but possibly not enough for the added processing that is required to complete a PR landing along with anyone else in front of you..
You are right.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks @Krissh2179,

I have layover of 80 minutes only. Do you think it is enough?

I have final destination of my flight ticket as Toronto. Won't the officials there allow me to board the onwards flight to Toronto and I can complete the remaining formalities over there?

I wasn't aware of this situation before booking flight.

Thank you.
No they wont.

Highly unlikely that 80 minutes is enough (not impossible, but highly unlikely). Get ready to miss you connection and have to re-book I suggest.

The point is that your are on an international flight when you first arrive in Canada and therefore at an international terminal with all the CIC / CBSA agents to land you. Once you transition to an internal Canadian flight your are on the equivalent of a bus and you arrive at the DOMESTIC terminal of the Canadian airport with NO CIC / CBSA facilities.

mechivicky

Jun 9, 2019
Hi
No they wont.

Highly unlikely that 80 minutes is enough (not impossible, but highly unlikely). Get ready to miss you connection and have to re-book I suggest.

The point is that your are on an international flight when you first arrive in Canada and therefore at an international terminal with all the CIC / CBSA agents to land you. Once you transition to an internal Canadian flight your are on the equivalent of a bus and you arrive at the DOMESTIC terminal of the Canadian airport with NO CIC / CBSA facilities.
Hi @Hurlabrick,

Based on your suggestion, I have already booked a separate connecting flight from Montreal to Toronto with a time gap of 4 hours. I hope this should be fine.

Thanks

AgathaWendso

Nov 9, 2018
We have received the COPR letter for my wife. I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my wife.

Do we have to land in the same city of destination as mentioned on the COPR?

The city of destination mentions: Ottawa, Ontario. However we want to land in Toronto, Ontario.

I do live in Ottawa, and we will go there as well. Just my parents, and sister live in Toronto so we would like to visit them and drive to Ottawa with them.

We the immigration officer be suspicious if we land in Toronto and drive to Ottawa instead of landing in Ottawa? Will he ask any questions regarding this?
Hello
Did you finally succeed to land in Toronto? I have the same case and would like to know. Thank you

chir2023

Jul 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys I got my COPR latter and in that letter it’s mentioned Regina destination city but I have question should I land and live first there or whether I land to Saskatoon which I want to land. If I directly move Saskatoon rather than Regina it’s make problem or I can move it please guide me .