+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship!

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question.
Me and my wife came to Canada recently in a tourist visa. My wife is pregnant and about to give a birth. If it it so, my kid, me and my wife will be get a canadian citizenship? Can anyone know about this? Thanks :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I have a question.
Me and my wife came to Canada recently in a tourist visa. My wife is pregnant and about to give a birth. If it it so, my kid, me and my wife will be get a canadian citizenship? Can anyone know about this? Thanks :)
If your child is born in Canada the child will be a citizen at birth. You and your wife gain nothing by the fact your child is born in Canada so no you do not gain PR or citizenship and should plan to leave at the end of your authorised visit. When your child reaches 18 assuming they are living in Canada at that time they could depending on the rules at that time sponsor you as parents for PR but until then nothing.

Also note you will need to pay costs as a visitor for the birth which could possibly come to up to 10000 dollars if straightforward or even more if a c section or other complications. Plus as visitors you will need to ensure you apply to extend your stay as visitors and not overstay,

Last edited:

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
If your child is born in Canada the child will be a citizen at birth. You and your wife gain nothing by the fact your child is born in Canada so no you do not gain PR or citizenship and should plan to leave at the end of your authorised visit. When your child reaches 18 assuming they are living in Canada at that time they could depending on the rules at that time sponsor you as parents for PR but until then nothing.

Also note you will need to pay costs as a visitor for the birth which could possibly come to up to 10000 dollars if straightforward or even more if a c section or other complications.
Thanks for your response :). I have also already applied for a permanent resident under Canadian experience class and I am waiting for the approval. Once approved, can I apply for the dependency for my kid.