+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
A friend of mine came to Canada from Belgium at the age of 4 years with her parents . She never went back to Belgium and has lived in Canada since then. She never applied for citizenship all these years but wants to apply now. May i request the senior members to give me current information regarding that.Thanks

Houliuloo

Oct 9, 2016
I applied for my citizenship about 3 month then immigration asked me to come for a test but couldn't because I left the country on the same date they wanted to me to come for the test I did attach a letter with a copy of my ticket showing the dates of my travel yesterday my wife told me got another letter requesting for my finger print to be taken. Within 30 days or. My file with be closed. My self I have been in Canada or about 9 years as a permanent residence but never applied for passport and I do have conditional charge and probation for 3 years that I have mentioned in my application with a copy of the file from court my question did any body had the same case as me and do they ask anyone for finger print. Thank you

ElhamSharifi

Oct 9, 2016
Hi guys, I did not find a better place to ask this but I hope you can help me with some inf. My family immigrated to Canada 2 years ago and I have a PR too but when I got my PR I was studying as a PhD student in Germany and I still have to finish it (1 and half year remained), so I could not live in Canada. If I come later to Canada will I be able to apply for citizenship? considering they need 3 years from the date of PR, can I extend my PR till I can apply for citizenship? (I am student, cannot leave the study in the middle ).

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Minimum residency obligations

You must meet the residency obligation to get a PR Card.

If you have been a permanent resident for five (5) years or more

you must have been physically present in Canada for a minimum of 730 days within the past five (5) years.
If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years

you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within five (5) years of the date you became a permanent resident.

Citizenship:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ElhamSharifi said:
Hi guys, I did not find a better place to ask this but I hope you can help me with some inf. My family immigrated to Canada 2 years ago and I have a PR too but when I got my PR I was studying as a PhD student in Germany and I still have to finish it (1 and half year remained), so I could not live in Canada. If I come later to Canada will I be able to apply for citizenship? considering they need 3 years from the date of PR, can I extend my PR till I can apply for citizenship? (I am student, cannot leave the study in the middle ).
You don't extend PR but you apply to renew PR card. In order to apply for a new PR card you have to meet the residence requirements pointed out by foodie69.

Also to eligible to apply for citizenship you need to meet certain criteria including physical residence in Canada. Currently it is 4 years out of the last 6 years.