+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Winnipeg Office

YSP

Oct 25, 2012
I sent my application on March 22 2011
They started process on December 22 2011
My file was transfered to Winnipeg Office on June 2012
Now my process is 19months now..I didnt receive the letter with date for the test :(

When I called the call center they told just to waiting for the letter until March 2013..after that they may have more news..
I moved to Canada in March 29 2003, married to Canadian citizenship, had my two kids here, have been working in Canada since 2005 not moving from Winnipeg since..I just don't understand how people got the citizenship in short period time..

The call center can't tell when the test it will set up. I canceled my vacation because they told my test it will probably be by end Sep begin October..I wish going to site and they can tell the back log for each Offical Offices..

;)If someone has news let me know!!! Thanks

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
I sent my application on June 1st 2011,
they recieved it June 9th,
I got confirmation within the month with study book,
then Feb 2012 they sent my papers to Winnipeg office for processing
...... I called and they told me processing time 21 month right now is calculated from the day they recieve application from us so June 9th 2011 and that the 21 month is total until ceremony ...
I too dont have a letter regarding the date for the test
just like you I feel like it should have taken shorter for me
I got landed in 2002 am married had two kids, pay taxes,
Im planning vacation for next summer but feel like I cant, I wish I knew when I had to be available for the test.
let me know if you get your test letter

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Winnipeg is one of the slowest offices right now. It is very likely that the processing time will be over 21 months for you.

seldom

May 22, 2007
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know I am in the same boat :( In fact, I think I have the slowest application of you all!

Applied Feb. 10, 2011
Started Processing: October 31, 2011
Transfer to Winnipeg CIC Office: January 31, 2012

Since then nothing! To make matters worse, I just learned that one of my background checks expired, so they're now redoing that again!

Hang in there!

Seldom

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seldom said:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know I am in the same boat :( In fact, I think I have the slowest application of you all!

Applied Feb. 10, 2011
Started Processing: October 31, 2011
Transfer to Winnipeg CIC Office: January 31, 2012

Since then nothing! To make matters worse, I just learned that one of my background checks expired, so they're now redoing that again!

Hang in there!

Seldom
Same story here ... just different office. My background checks are expiring within a month and I have not been called for the test yet. Hopefully we will finish this journey next year.

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
Do any of you know how long it is supposed to take from test date until ceremony ...my permanent resident card is expired and I wanted to visit my sick parents overseas next summer since i thought for sure I will just have the Canadian passport by then I wouldn't need the travel card. It would be so typical too if I booked the trip and then when there I had to shorted my trip because of the ceremony... If there was just a timetable for us so we could plan our life's... its an awfully long time to put everything on hold. Does it take the same time for most people the processing in winnipeg office?

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
thanks for the link and any info any of you give.. too bad on the site the link is for very few winnipeg-ers are posting. I find it does help somewhat just reading everyones timelines, makes you feel like, for me this also will have an end, whenever that might be.

White Bear

Nov 19, 2012
ISK,

It seems like edmonton2011 suggested that winnipeg office is super slow. People are reporting 24 months and no test day yet.

I would send the application to renew PR Card. It takes around 11 weeks and costs $50.
Make sure that the dates in the PR application match the dates on ur citizenship application.

YSP

Oct 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Who has to renew the PR its better to do because my took 7 months, but if you have trip then send your ticket and they will process faster, my friend did and took 1 month.

It´s sad you check your status and it´s always in process..they should be more specific..

I guess the solution is just wait..

Anyone know if they nominate a new judge for wpg??

on december they did one ceremony in Winnipeg..In january I couldn´t find any..

note

Feb 27, 2013
There will be three ceremonies coming up. Has anyone got invited for any of them yet? I took my test on Mar 14. I should be scheduled for one of them.

Manitoba
RCMP D Division
1091 Portage Avenue
Date: 2013-05-10
Time: 1:00 PM
Description: 30 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.
Other Dwight MacAulay will preside.
Open to Public: Yes
Telephone: (888)242-2100

VIA rail station
123 Main street. Room 100
Date: 2013-05-15
Time: 1:30 PM
Description: 80 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.

VIA Rail Station
123 Main St. - Room 100
Date: 2013-05-22
Time: 1:30 PM
Description: 80 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.

LLAY

May 1, 2013
Hi guys,
I am new to the forum.
My file was transferred to local at August 2012.
I know some of you guys'files transferred to local earlier than mine.
Can you guys please share the timeline and let me know which months' transferred files are processing now in winnipeg office.
I just want to have some ideas and be prepared for the waiting time.
Thanks
Have a good night
LLY

winnigone

Apr 17, 2012
I sent my application on january 2012
They started process on December 2012
My file is still in Sidney. I wonder after 16 months and still in Sidney how long it will take my appl.
Someone know how long it takes to check the background in Sidney and send the file to winnipeg?
Please share your cases if you are in Winnipeg.
Thanks,

winnigone

Apr 17, 2012
Hi LLay,

when you submitted your application, when they started proccesing it and when they sent it to local? Could you please share?
Thank very much,