+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Virtual Oath - 27 October @1PM (E-Certificate)

Mar 18, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone who took oath on October 27, at 1:00 pm with Mississauga Office online and still awaiting e-certificate? Its been 5 business days but I am still unable to download the certificate after submitting signed oath multiple times, with different email addresses and also submitted using the webform.

I am worried because I have an important business trip planned next week and I don't know what to do at moment.

Thank You

Last edited:

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Hi who was your clerk? Do you remember the initials? I had my virtual oath on Nov 3rd with Mississauga and I too have travel plans. Not sure when do they ideally upload certificate. Please keep me posted with the progress. Ty

Mar 18, 2020
Yes , Your invitation code should be in the PDF that you’ve received in the email. I have mine under IRCC Portal section of the said PDF

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Yes , Your invitation code should be in the PDF that you’ve received in the email. I have mine under IRCC Portal section of the said PDF
I don't have it in the pdf. However, I was able to create IRCC portal account following other threads. Btw has the status in your application tracker changed recently or the oath is still in progress for you?

Mar 18, 2020
It is “In Progress” . it only changes to “Completed” once we are able to download the certificate I.e., once the citizenship clerk approves the application.

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
It is “In Progress” . it only changes to “Completed” once we are able to download the certificate I.e., once the citizenship clerk approves the application.
Oh I see. I am not sure how long they take to upload a certificate. I also happen to inform the clerk that I have travel plans and she did take a note of it. Did you mentioned about your travel plan? Did you try reaching out to the Mississauga office via email or calling out IRCC?

Mar 18, 2020
I have called IRCC after submitting oath form via the webform , and they confirmed that they have the oath form in my file, although they said it hasn’t been touched by any officers yet.

I mentioned about my travel plans during the oath registration, I am not sure clerk have jotted down it somewhere on my application. It looks like the influx of applications at Mississauga office is the main reason of delays and even if they have note on the application I think they will follow the applications in First In-First Out order.

I do not know how to reach out to Mississauga office via email. If you/anyone know please let me know.

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
I have called IRCC after submitting oath form via the webform , and they confirmed that they have the oath form in my file, although they said it hasn’t been touched by any officers yet.

I mentioned about my travel plans during the oath registration, I am not sure clerk have jotted down it somewhere on my application. It looks like the influx of applications at Mississauga office is the main reason of delays and even if they have note on the application I think they will follow the applications in First In-First Out order.

I do not know how to reach out to Mississauga office via email. If you/anyone know please let me know.
I too called IRCC this morning to see if they received the signed oath form, all that I got to hear from the agent was that they can see that this morning they did received signed oath form and it is under review. If after 5 business days, I don't see the certificate I can call them to see if there are any notes. And the agent also told me to directly reach out to IRCC Mississauga office after 5 business days for certificate. So I believe you can send email to the same email address of Mississauga from which you would have received notice to appear instructions.

But yes, please keep me posted here if you get any news as I am in the same boat as yours. Thanks again.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
Had an oath on October 24th with MB as the clerk. Still haven't received the e-certificate and I need to travel in two weeks. I'm stressed as hell. I've sent reminder emails and webforms to no use.

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Had an oath on October 24th with MB as the clerk. Still haven't received the e-certificate and I need to travel in two weeks. I'm stressed as hell. I've sent reminder emails and webforms to no use.
Oh god :( This is so stressful now. Hope you get it soon. Please keep us posted if you get any update.

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Hey guys, @rmp0930 @rustin_cohle @DreamCatcher007

I know this is stressful because I was going through the exact same issue. My clerk was MC. What I can tell you is that it all boils down to when that oath clerk decides to complete and release the certificates. No amount of emails, calls web forms and all the tricks in the book can make you get it faster. I tried it all. It happened to me too, they don't go by their advertised 2-5 business days.

On the day I gave my oath, oct 17 at 7:45am my clerk waited 11 days after, before releasing my certificate, however a person that did the oath same day and time got hers 2 days after Oath, her clerk was AR. I was devastated. So I also found someone on FB who had my oath clerk MC but gave oath on the 16th of August and had to wait the same time as me. we both got it on the same date and time followed by an email telling us it's ready. 11 days for me and 12 days for him.

My suggestion is Just to try to not stress too much about it because sadly we have some clerks who take their own sweet time. That email or access to download will pop up when u least expect it. and good luck to you all. :)

• Sad
Reactions: rustin_cohle

rmp0930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Hey guys, @rmp0930 @rustin_cohle @DreamCatcher007

I know this is stressful because I was going through the exact same issue. My clerk was MC. What I can tell you is that it all boils down to when that oath clerk decides to complete and release the certificates. No amount of emails, calls web forms and all the tricks in the book can make you get it faster. I tried it all. It happened to me too, they don't go by their advertised 2-5 business days.

On the day I gave my oath, oct 17 at 7:45am my clerk waited 11 days after, before releasing my certificate, however a person that did the oath same day and time got hers 2 days after Oath, her clerk was AR. I was devastated. So I also found someone on FB who had my oath clerk MC but gave oath on the 16th of August and had to wait the same time as me. we both got it on the same date and time followed by an email telling us it's ready. 11 days for me and 12 days for him.

My suggestion is Just to try to not stress too much about it because sadly we have some clerks who take their own sweet time. That email or access to download will pop up when u least expect it. and good luck to you all. :)
Hello @SunshineJA thanks for the boost, we all definitely need it at this stressful point of time where all of us have the same clerk and have travel plans too. I have read few threads about clerk we have and its not great tbh. I hope the clerk works fast for all of us so we can apply for urgent passport. I never received an invite code to download certificate, I have followed a link shared by someone in another thread to get an invite code and open an account in IRCC portal. Hope we too get an email that it the certificate is ready because so far as I know not everyone gets that email.