+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship to TN visa

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
My graduation is from India, and I have not been able to get a clear answer on whether the Education Evaluation done for Canadian PR is sufficient for TN Visa.

I called up WES to understand the process for a US Equivalency Evaluation, below is the information that I got:

1. Create a new WES account, different email ID
  2. Request a US evaluation, mention Immigration as the purpose; they will recommend the evaluation type
  3. When asked "Do you already have a reference number", answer "No"
  4. Make the required payment and get a new Reference Number
  5. Using the "Contact Us" form on the website, send them a request to transfer documents from your Canada Evaluation to the new request.
    It takes about 5 business days
  6. Then documents are evaluated. If no additional information is needed, it would take another 7 business days usually for final report.

Reactions: ramsay1212 and Kumr
Jun 19, 2023
My graduation is from India, and I have not been able to get a clear answer on whether the Education Evaluation done for Canadian PR is sufficient for TN Visa.

I called up WES to understand the process for a US Equivalency Evaluation, below is the information that I got:

1. Create a new WES account, different email ID
  2. Request a US evaluation, mention Immigration as the purpose; they will recommend the evaluation type
  3. When asked "Do you already have a reference number", answer "No"
  4. Make the required payment and get a new Reference Number
  5. Using the "Contact Us" form on the website, send them a request to transfer documents from your Canada Evaluation to the new request.
    It takes about 5 business days
  6. Then documents are evaluated. If no additional information is needed, it would take another 7 business days usually for final report.
Yes, its sufficient. I have used same for TN visa.

waqasrao

Sep 18, 2018
Hi, need help on TN visa. I have been working for US company from Canada (am a citizen) for last 4 years. For a TN visa, what kind of documentation is required and will it be easier as I have history with the US company.

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, need help on TN visa. I have been working for US company from Canada (am a citizen) for last 4 years. For a TN visa, what kind of documentation is required and will it be easier as I have history with the US company.
I would say check with the company if they could do an L1B visa - that is a dual purpose visa (meaning there would be less questions if you decide to get a Green Card later).

Jun 19, 2023
You required Offer letter, Supporting Letter and Company Last Year Tax file (Some Say mandatory but i carried)
Degree Transcripts

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
If you alredy have an H1B-Not subject to cap with approved I-140 is getting TN visa difficult and also what about the extension ?
If after 90 days under TN can one change to H1-B?

Christian32

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
What saying A_S is not really correct, you can switch from TN-VISA to green card i have a friend who personally did it, you also can find it on google. ( search on reddit.com ) it's totallly possible but you'll have to get a good lawyer though.. However i don't think it's appropriate to get the Canadian citizenship just so you can move to the US.

Also why do you want go to the US? i think the job market in China is much better i have personnally friends who make double what they make in the US with much lower inflation ( almost non-existent).
I had a friend of mine (an immigrant) who got her Canadian citizenship and decided to immigrate and work in France last year in 2022. It was extremely easy for her to get a job there (because she was Canadian) and thanks to that job, she could directly apply for a work Visa. Again, it is a matter of choice.

niks2102

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi Guys.. I got B.Sc. in maths and MCA from Mumbai University India.. will that qualify for TN visa for IT roles? also what are the steps I need to take? any education evaluation? from which institution?

neerajnaik123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
You required Offer letter, Supporting Letter and Company Last Year Tax file (Some Say mandatory but i carried)
Degree Transcripts
Hi,

If you don't mind can you tell me how did you find the job in US. Also, the WES equivalent certificate says Canada equivalency on it, will that work?

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Hi,

If you don't mind can you tell me how did you find the job in US. Also, the WES equivalent certificate says Canada equivalency on it, will that work?
There are many ways to find a job in the US (or anywhere else). First, it's within the network you have, professional (i.e. LinkedIn, etc) or otherwise (granny's first cousin, thrice removed). Second, through applying directly to targeted companies and positions. Third, through recruitment agencies who will peddle your resume to all their clients. Fourth, through government (state or federal) placement agencies that help new immigrants, those who are returning to work after a long break or those who are looking to retrain in new fields. Fifth, create your own job. If you have the skills to provide a product or a service to someone interested in paying for it, then, by all means, build then market that product or service.

Asking someone who got a job somewhere how they got it won't get you very far. Do your own thing!

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
I am looking to apply for to status end of dec and have a few questions:
1. Is a support letter mandatory if an offer letter is provided? Is there a sample support letter so I know what the general format is?
2. If I have a masters from a US university, do I still need bachelors transcripts?
3. I am thinking of importing my car into the US and thinking of driving across the border. So I will be importing my car, moving all my stuff (should be 7-8 boxes and 2 suitcases) in the car and getting the TN all in one go. Has anyone done this before? How was the experience like? Any pointers.

I appreciate all the help. Thank you in advance.

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I have a question about TN visa. Me and my spouse both are Canadian citizens and now we want to relocate to the USA.
We both are working in IT and want to pursue that in the USA as well. My question is what are the education requirements to file for TN visa? I have looked online and it says a minimum 4 years of graduation.
Both of us have bachelor’s in computer science (BCA) from India. It was a 3-year program.
I have also done my post-graduation (2 years) in IT from Canada. But my wife has only one degree.
Am I eligible for TN visa with 3-year bachelor's degree and 2-year PG certificate? And what about my wife can she apply for TN in the future?
She can take online courses maybe an online ontario diploma certificate or one-year full-time online course in IT from some university. Will she be eligible to apply for TN visa in the future?